“Hydrogenated oils galore!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 96 Restaurants in DeKalb
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating
Description: Open 7 days a week with variety sushi selection and Hibachi Japanese grill items. Express dinner, carry out and delivery are available. Japanese Sake wine and beer in dinner only. Welcome to place order online.
Chicago, Illinois
“Hydrogenated oils galore!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

After frequenting this restaurant throughout my college days, I was dismayed to learn (during the part of my life that I was watching what I eat) that they fry in pure hydrogenated oil. For those unfamiliar, its riddled with trans fat. It could very easily be substituted for higher oil, but nope, their hibachi contains tons of the stuff.

Maybe I'm one in a million for wanting to know about hydrogenated oils, but considering their health impact, I find that a quality restaurant such as this should be above using quality oil, not the cheapest and most unhealthy possible.

Just my two cents.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Rockford, Illinois
“Fushi Yami”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Located near NIU, Fushi Yami, is Japanese / Sushi fast food. It's located in a portion of what used to be DeKalb's only and excellent bookstore. It's pretty good food; worth a look-see.

Visited August 2012
Sycamore, Illinois
“Sushi Lady”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

So excited to have this restaurant in the area, I do wish they were closer to Sycamore, I work near Fushi Yami so I only eat there if I can find a co-worker to go there with me, don't like to be in campus area at night...

Visited December 2011
1 Thank MarmeT3
Chicago, Illinois
“Among the best values in DeKalb-Sycamore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I frequented Fushi Yami between Spring 2011 and earlier this month while I was a student at NIU, usually with a friend or two. Generally, I ordered the Chicken Hibachi with fried rice. It is served with this orange sauce, which has to be unique; it is so delicious! The portion size was nearly generous. The price for this meal (with water) was only about $6.00. Getting any meat besides chicken or any combination of meat thereof in the Hibachi dishes increases the cost substantially with little to no gain in quality or quantity. Service is efficient. It is a quiet restaurant that might actually be good for conducting business. I highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kingston
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Good sushi, reasonably priced; although the rolls are small. Great location for a college student living on NIU campus.

Visited February 2012