“Not for me”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in DeKalb
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Not for me”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

When you look at this hotel, there will be lots of items that will draw you to stay there. 1. It's close to everything, especially the college. 2. The price is very affordable. 3. The website actually makes the hotel look way nicer than it is. I would not recommend staying there. My experience was less than desirable. The light over the bathroom sink did not work, there was black mold around the windows, there was water stains on the ceiling and long hairs in the bathtub already. The hallway was dirty and the carpet needs to be cleaned. When I feel the need to sleep in my clothes, there is a problem. Sadly, I was afraid to stay in this hotel and debated about leaving and going elsewhere. They need to review their standards.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to see the room they put you in 1st. Determine if it is clean enough and will wo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Crnttraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mahomet
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel was close to everything I needed to get to, but had a constant stream of trains going right by the hotel. Upkeep was average. I stayed 2 nights and room was not cleaned. I'm used to Baymonts having both a refrigerator and a microwave in the room, but there wasn't. The heated pool was closed for maintenance the whole 4th of July weekend and twice I waited at the front desk for service for at least 10 minutes and no one ever came. Although conveniently located to the Convocation Center, I'll be looking elsewhere next time I visit Dekalb.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Karen H
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was recently staying in the Baymont Inn & Suites in DeKalb for the MS Ride for Charity on June 20-21. $340 in cash was taken from my purse in the room while we were out riding. The manager disrespectfully replied that it was "not his fault my money is lost". He had ZERO apologies and he was of NO HELP whatsoever in bringing in the ONE cleaning person that was on staff that day named "Corinna". He said he tried to call her but she didn't answer, and neither did her "sisters boyfriend"?!. I phoned the police who knew the cleaning person BY NAME and ADDRESS due to SO MANY PRIOR ARRESTS!!. CLEARLY there were no background checks done by the hotel and although the manager claimed he had just hired her that week, he still seemed to know her sister's boyfriend's phone number?! Fishy. He didn't help in any way and didn't even comp our room! The room was never even cleaned and the beds weren't made. The cleaning person made it as far as replacing the soaps in the bathroom before finding my money and taking off. OH, and the elevator was out of order as well which made it very difficult for bikers on upper floors. Corporate of Baymont Inn and Suites had no response other than telling me to "resolve the matter through the manager"….who is clearly part of the problem. I will never stay at this or any other Baymont Inn again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank KristenDavid

Travellers are raving about these DeKalb hotels

Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was dirty. The pool was closed. Bathtub did not drain. No stopper in the bathroom sink. The milk at breakfast was spoiled. The room was hot when we checked in. Not much selection for breakfast. I wouldn't stay here again, and I will avoid the Baymont brand.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve G
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeKalb
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Super 8 DeKalb IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Rochelle

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dekalb? Share your experiences!