“Stay here at your own risk” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 DeKalb IL

Super 8 DeKalb IL
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in DeKalb
IL
“Stay here at your own risk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2008

Do not book a night in this hotel. The workers there are thieves. I caught the MANAGER of the hotel rummaging through my belongings.

Me and my girlfriend were leaving to attend a NIU football game, when I realized I had forgotten the tickets. I ran back into the hotel and came upon our door slightly ajar. I quietly opened the door and saw the hotel manager going through my suitcase. She stated that she received a complaint about a loud noise and thought it might have been a cell phone. First of all, there is no way someone complained about a noise. It was 1 o’clock in the afternoon and we had just left the hotel room 2 minutes beforehand. Second of all, there were no electronic devices left behind in the room that could have been making any noise.

The police were called, but they took her word over mine.

After we returned home, I noticed several valuable items were missing from my luggage.

I complained to everyone that would listen at Super 8, including their corporate office. NOTHING was done. I could pursue this matter farther through the judicial system, but it would not be worth the expense to me.

Do yourself and everyone else that has been wronged by this hotel chain a favor and book your room using a different company.

Stayed October 2007
10 Thank H0nest_1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2004

excellent service, neat

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeKalb
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Motel 6 Sycamore
Motel 6 Sycamore
#4 of 4 in Sycamore
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Rochelle
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle

Been to Super 8 DeKalb IL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 DeKalb IL

Property: Super 8 DeKalb IL
Address: 800 W Fairview Dr, I-88, exit 91 (Annie Glidden Rd/ NIU exit), DeKalb, IL 60115-8770
Region: United States > Illinois > DeKalb
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in DeKalb
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 DeKalb IL 2*
Super 8 Dekalb IL hotel is located off the Annie Glidden Exit of Interstate 88, next to River Height Golf Course and minutes from downtown Dekalb. Northern Illinois University is less than two miles away. Rely on our Smoke-free hotel to provide convenient amenities. Our comfortable rooms come with coffee maker, refrigerator, microwabes, iron/Ironing boards, High speed free Wi-Fi and access to guest laundry facilities. We offer free parking for your large truck, bus or RV. If you need to unwind from a busy day of travel, take a swim in the indoor pool or book one of our spa suites. Wake up refreshed in the morning and enjoy free 8-item SuperStart breakfast bonanza with Hot fresh Waffle maker. Pets are welcome, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult at our Super 8 Dekalb, IL. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Super 8 DeKalb IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 De Kalb