“Warm, cozy atmosphere”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Chicago area
“Warm, cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Timeless place. Great variety of wonderful food. Love the seasonal changes to the menu. Homemade pies-OMG! I have to stop writing because I'm getting hungry just thinking about the place! Friends, families and business people all mix together in this warm atmosphere!

Visited December 2013

Bloomington, Illinois
“Great German food in a charming atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I took my Dad and 7 and 9 year olds to this restaurant last weekend. It's a small place, but nice. Was comfortable and inviting. They did have kids menus and activities for the kids to do at the table. My son and I ordered German food from the menu and it was great! Flavorful, schnitzel was crunchy, cabbage was great. My dad had the turkey dinner and really enjoyed it. My daughter had the kids fish and it was hand-battered fish pieces- not frozen sticks. Everything was really great- even the table bread! Service was prompt and good. Really enjoyed this meal and wish it was nearer to my home so I could go more often!

• Visited January 2014
Illinois City, Illinois
“Great location, good food”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I ate here for lunch with a friend. We both had the Cobb salads. Avocados, black olives, chicken breast with a nice selection of greens. The raspberry vinaigrette was awful, but the honey mustard was great. The service was very good. They have a nice outdoor seating area, but it was chilly the day I visited so we sat inside by a window. The menu has not changed much over the years. I used to come here often over 25 yrs ago. They still have the vegetable montage - one of their best sandwiches. When strawberry/rhubarb is in season - their pies are the best.

• Visited July 2013
Racine, WI
“Elegant Ambience”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

There were five women in our group and we were there to celebrate a 92nd birthday and a college graduation. The portions were large and well presented, although I thought my entree was a little under-seasoned. Our waitress was courteous and helpful. We came early for dinner on a Tuesday evening, so it wasn't crowded or noisy. We had a very enjoyable meal.

Visited June 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good selection, nice service.”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Traveling through and looking for a brunch spot. The food was good, nice selection, could use a sear on the steak and a bit more seasoning but overall good service and we were pleased.

• Visited April 2013