“Just ok”

Ranked #40 of 96 Restaurants in DeKalb
Chicago, Illinois
“Just ok”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Not crazy about anything they serve.. Have tried them quite a few times and I find it just average food.

Visited May 2014

“Very good Italian beef and gyros”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stopped here in transit to visit family. This is a casual, formica-table-and-booths restaurant that is well-run and has great food for this type of menu. My review is based on what I expect of this kind of place, i.e. not expensive fine dining.

The quality of the food is very good, with large portions. My husband had a freshly-prepared Italian beef sandwich that was very good. Having experienced a very large and tasty gyro at a branch of this regional chain, I ordered that and was not disappointed. Very good side of cole slaw, which is made on the premises and tasted very fresh.

The manager won my heart: it has been around 0 degrees F at the warmest lately in these parts. When we stopped in for an admittedly later lunch, I asked if they had coffee. The manager made a fresh pot just for me. How do you not love that level of service?

My minor quibble is that the french fries are likely from frozen, but they are made tasty. Given the overall quality of the food, I can overlook this in a top-level rating.

I'm sure that this is a favorite of the college crowd from the nearby university, and anyone can relive those glory days with the sports memorabilia hanging from the walls.

To sum up: very good food and helpful, friendly service. Clean restaurant. What else do you want for a casual lunch?

• Visited December 2013
atlanta
“Gyro yummm”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Get the Gyro, you won't be disappointed. Been a staple in DeKalb forever. Loved it in college 25 years ago and still do. Go Huskies!

• Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Expensive & Tasteless”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

By the time we ordered meals for 2 adults and 2 small children the total was $30, but when the food arrived it was worse than disappointing. We were very hungry from a long day of travel and this is the kind of food you should ONLY order if you are a drunk college student. It arrived without condiments and the fries weren't even salted. It is by far the worst meal I have eaten in DeKalb ever!

Visited December 2012