“2.5 stars”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jacksonville
New Brunswick, Canada
“2.5 stars”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Close to the hi-way(noisy).
Room upgrades are, brightly painted walls. That is pretty much it. If they have done anything else, it was in such low quality that it does not show.
No pool, complimentary breakfast or exercise-room. 12 litre flush toilet, squeaky beds & floors,...
Friendly owners.

Recommended at $70/night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darius S
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear valuable customer
Thank you for your staying here and nice review.
We have been trying to keep and improve this property's quality by the renovation and best hospitality for our valuable customer.
Actually, we can say we have a confidence that our property is the best around here except Best Western.
If you are not happy in our hotel, we apologize for it.
As a small motel, we are always trying to keep the nice motel by improvement step by step.
Thank you for your nice advise and it will be a good point to improve our property as a good motel.
Have a great summer and wish to see you again.
God bless you and your all families.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
grey bruce
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

A last minute decision to stop led us to this motel. The exterior seems to need some renovation. We pulled up with two children and saw boxes of beer bottles near the office door. I was worried. BUT, our room was recently renovated, new sheets. The motel was quiet. We slept well. The wifi worked well. No playground really but the kids were able to get out and stretch their legs after a long drive.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zetaGreyBruce
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear our valuable customer
Thank you for your staying and nice review & advise.
It will be very helpful to get our hotel improved step by step.
We have been doing a renovation step by step for couple of years, especially through the winter season.
I apologize if you have not a good first impression of our hotel.
We usually collecting all kinds of recycling stuffs at the corner of the building, but we already have some plan to make new fence around there.
We will get better property every year.
Thank you for your good advise again, and have a nice summer with a safety.
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014

An overnight stay influenced by the 68$ rate. We discovered a spacious room, recently renovated. Everything was very clean. The dining room closed at 0800 PM but stayed open for us. Genuine Korean food on the menu which was great. Breakfast, although not included, was good and all very reasonably priced. The bed was recently new and a firm mattress, very quiet at night and the wifi worked well. We slept very well. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: a little off the highway but worth the detour
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob M
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Mr Bob & family
It is our pleasure to give a nice hospitality to our valuable customers.
Especially, we appreciate with your staying and nice review to us.
We've been doing our best and always will do .
If you have any chance to travel around here or even pass us, stop in and take a rest.
We will be very happy if you stop in here.
Thanks a lot again, and we always will pray to you to get a happiness in your all family.
Have a nice summer time.
Kevin Lee.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was driving back to Nova Scotia from Toronto when I decided that I didn't want to drive straight through as I was passing Perth-Andover. At about 10:00 pm, I used my i-Phone to ask Siri about motels/hotels in Woodstock. Knight's Inn was listed immediately below the Best Western Plus (which seemed more than I needed for 9 hours). I phoned and made arrangements to check in, no credit card required, and they would arrange to staff the desk until I arrived around 11:00.

It was easy to find, just at the bottom of exit 184; a young lady was at the desk, checked me in, provided some guidance for late night eats in the area (Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Subway and Kentucky Fried Chicken were all open), and gave me the key to room 12 (there appear to be about 16 or 18 rooms).

The room was clean, had two queen beds separated by a semi-wall, a flat screen TV with an outstanding channel line-up, a sink in the main room with a toilet and tub in their own (small) room. It was clean and functional. Plastic shampoo packets and individual soaps were provided. The water temperature and pressure in the shower were fine. In the morning, a small restaurant was staffed and provided breakfast.

This is not a resort and has no pretensions. Given the exorbitant rates of motels and hotels in New Brunswick (they have mastered the law of supply and demand), this was a happy discovery, and is on my list for those times when I need a room for the night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David_in_Nova_Scotia
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear our valuable customer.
Thank you for your staying in my hotel and nice review.
If you were happy in our hotel, we are very happy too.
We will do our best for our valuable customers whenever back to us again.
Please have a nice trip and safe drive.
Wish to see you and we will provide best hospitality we can do.
Thank you so much for your stopping here and wish to see you again.
Have a great season.
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Not as bad as one might expect. Room was clean, internet worked well, water was hot, etc. A large chunk of laminate was missing from the vanity; otherwise everything was in good repair. Paid extra for the 'deluxe' room, but I'm not sure that it was worth it. It seemed the only difference was that there were two beds instead of one, however I got the end unit (#1) which is right by the highway, and as a result it was fairly loud in the room. Breakfast was great, for $6.99 you get a standard eggs and bacon meal, that includes coffee. It was good enough that I would come here just for the cheap and cheerful breakfast. 6/10

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Mr Bensagle
Thank you for your nice review and advise.
We have been doing fully renovation through the winter season.
If you were not happy with bad vanity, but it will be fixed asap.
We have 2 kinds of rooms with a standard room and deluxe room.
The deluxe room has newly built, and standard room is old section.
The renovation has been doing at the standard rooms.
We are doing whole painting, fixing, changing including new 32" LCD flat TVs in all rooms.
We will do our best for our valuable customers with a nice & clean rooms, nice restaurant and best hospitality.
Thanks a lot for your review and advise for us.
Knights inn Woodstock Owner
halifax
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I would like to publicly thank the front desk clerk and owner/manager of this Knights Inn for their graciousness and compassion shown to me during a troubling time. I reserved a room here in order to attend a funeral home visitation and church service for a family friend who passed away unexpectedly over the holidays. These two people exhibited excellent customer service and professionalism and were extremely kind and understanding. For this reason alone, I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear my valuable customer
I am very pleasure to hear you've stayed in my motel with a nice accommodation.
You've encouraged us again to do our best to my valuable customers.
We are renovating all rooms through the winter season.
If you stay sometime here again, you must be happier.
Thank a lot for your nice review and encouragement for us.

Owner Kevin Lee
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Inn was very easy to find from the highway and the price wasn't bad for one night. We ate at the restaurant for supper and the food was average but my husband really liked the Korean dish he had. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. The room was clean but the property is tired, located in an industrial park, you definitely need a car to explore the area. The room was long and the bathroom separates the two beds for a bit more privacy. Although easy to find, we were in the first unit next to the road and there was plenty of traffic noise because of it's proximity to the on-ramp.

Room Tip: Request a room other than Unit 1 next to the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear my valuable customer.
Thank you for your staying in my motel and nice review.
We are very sorry if you feel this motel is old, but we are renovation all rooms through winter season.
If you stay again next time, you must be happier, and I will prepare quite room for you.
Unit #1 is close to the highway ramp.
Thank you for your advise.

Owner Kevin Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock
John Gyles Music Room & Inn

Been to Knights Inn Woodstock? Share your experiences!