“Great golf and good food!”
Review of McGorray's Golf & Grille - CLOSED

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McGorray’s Golf & Grille is a dynamic and unique dining experience only available in Decatur, Illinois. We feature one of Central Illinois' most unique menus.With three state-of-the-art indoor golf simulators and the area's largest selection of craft and import beers, we have created a country club atmosphere that is unique and accessible to all.
Decatur, Illinois
“Great golf and good food!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I'm not a golfer, but I watched golfers perfecting their craft as we ate our dinner. Very interesting place! I was surprised to find this unusual gem in Decatur! My wife wanted to try a light, flavorful craft beer...the server brought her a delightful selection, which my wife thoroughly enjoyed.

• Visited July 2012

Decatur, Illinois
“Menu looked great, but food sounded better than it tasted”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have been wanting to go to McGorray's for awhile. After looking at the menu online we decided to go last night. We were told that the wait would be 20 minutes and we chose to wait. A couple came in after us who seemed to be friends with one of the hostesses and they were seated before us. Neither of us had reservations we both were seated at similar tables. They were seated 15 minutes before us. This was not a good way to start. I thought the menu looked delicious. I was particularly interested in the flatbreads and I was hungary for Ceasar Salad. Apparently they put a good amount of balsamic vinegar in their Ceasar dressing because the salad dressing was brown and tasted of cheap balsamic vinegar. The capreese flatbread was just bad with too much cheese and very few sick looking tomatoes. The whole thing was overdressed with a balsamic glaze. We had some crab balls that were topped with a lobster sauce. I could have drank the lobster sauce by the quart, but the crab ball was greasy and had very little crab if any. In fact there couldn't be a teaspoon of crab in the 4 balls(golf ball sized) for 10.99. I like crab cakes where crab is the primary ingredient. My son had a hHamburger Rockefeller that he said was delicious and his girlfriend had a steak sandwich which she was happy with. I think if we go back we will stick to hamburgers. Of course going to a restaurant where they seat there friends first is unbecoming of any restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
Decatur, Illinois
“Good Food, Beer, and Service”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Love the beer selection and the food is really delicious. We are weekly visitors because the stafff is so nice.

Visited May 2012
Greencastle, Indiana
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I very much enjoyed my dinner at McGorray's. They have an extensive beer menu, and a wide range of menu options. I had the shrimp fettuccine alfredo and caesar salad. The caesar dressing was dark, and different but had a good flavor. The shrimp fetuccine alfredo presentation was very good, and the portion size was adequate, although a little pricey at approximately $18, and included a side of toasted bread. The indoor video driving ranges are unique, and we checked those out while drinking beer before dinner. This is certainly a place I would like to visit again, and our waitress was excellent and was able to explain each item on the menu in detail. She also knew just when to be at our table to refill our drinks or take our meal order. Depending upon what you order, and drink, you are looking at about $20-$25/person for dinner.

• Visited April 2012
Charleston, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good friends; good food; good beer; good times”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

What a great way to spend a few hours. You can play golf on golf courses most of us would not get to play otherwise. Have a beer or two and eat off a great menu that is diverse and tasty. Charlie, Jay, Kay, Vickie and the entire staff work to make you feel comfortable, welcome and full!

• Visited January 2012