“Just delicious!”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: McGorray’s Golf & Grille is a dynamic and unique dining experience only available in Decatur, Illinois. We feature one of Central Illinois' most unique menus.With three state-of-the-art indoor golf simulators and the area's largest selection of craft and import beers, we have created a country club atmosphere that is unique and accessible to all.
“Just delicious!”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I've been here several times and tried something new, and everytime its been excellent! Its a great casual place for friends and family! I recommend the salads and flatbreads.

Anchorage
“Burgers, Beer and Golf”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I visited this restaurant a couple of times during my visit to Decatur and found it to be very good. They have an incredible selection of both bottled beers and drafts with a concentration on kraft beers. The menu is very inventive and offers diners a great selection of appetizers, burgers and entrees including some items that are local favorites such as Smothered Taters. The Blue Cheese Burger with a Sweet Onion jam was delicious and cooked perfectly. The staff seems well trained and friendly and seem to go out of their way to make certain everyone is happy. Overall this is a nice alternative and being in the midtown area convenient as well.

• Visited July 2012
Decatur, Illinois
“Great golf and good food!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I'm not a golfer, but I watched golfers perfecting their craft as we ate our dinner. Very interesting place! I was surprised to find this unusual gem in Decatur! My wife wanted to try a light, flavorful craft beer...the server brought her a delightful selection, which my wife thoroughly enjoyed.

• Visited July 2012
Decatur, Illinois
“Menu looked great, but food sounded better than it tasted”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have been wanting to go to McGorray's for awhile. After looking at the menu online we decided to go last night. We were told that the wait would be 20 minutes and we chose to wait. A couple came in after us who seemed to be friends with one of the hostesses and they were seated before us. Neither of us had reservations we both were seated at similar tables. They were seated 15 minutes before us. This was not a good way to start. I thought the menu looked delicious. I was particularly interested in the flatbreads and I was hungary for Ceasar Salad. Apparently they put a good amount of balsamic vinegar in their Ceasar dressing because the salad dressing was brown and tasted of cheap balsamic vinegar. The capreese flatbread was just bad with too much cheese and very few sick looking tomatoes. The whole thing was overdressed with a balsamic glaze. We had some crab balls that were topped with a lobster sauce. I could have drank the lobster sauce by the quart, but the crab ball was greasy and had very little crab if any. In fact there couldn't be a teaspoon of crab in the 4 balls(golf ball sized) for 10.99. I like crab cakes where crab is the primary ingredient. My son had a hHamburger Rockefeller that he said was delicious and his girlfriend had a steak sandwich which she was happy with. I think if we go back we will stick to hamburgers. Of course going to a restaurant where they seat there friends first is unbecoming of any restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
Decatur, Illinois
“Good Food, Beer, and Service”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Love the beer selection and the food is really delicious. We are weekly visitors because the stafff is so nice.

Visited May 2012