“Staff are bubbly and very, very attentive”
Review of The Groove Train

The Groove Train
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Kawana
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Description: The Groove Train is a restaurant, cafe & bar great for the whole family. We are fully licensed and trade from 7:30am until 9pm, 7 days. We serve a variety of meals, including, Asian curries and stir-frys, salads, authentic Italian style pizza, risotto, pasta steaks and seafood. We also have an extensive breakfast range and excellent coffee to help you get your caffeine injection.
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

.... anyone would have thought they were trying to boost their ratings by being so attentive. :)

The pizza was ok - not something to write home about.

A hint for improving the flavour of the Tandoori Chicken pizza - replace the tomato sauce with Tandoorii sauce. This type of pizza is supposed to be spicy!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Dropped in to catch up with a friend and was really pleased with the quality of the food and service. This will be one of our regulars. Nice atmosphere and good variety of choices.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This is just outside the main food court and is worth going out the doors. The eggs benedict are particularly good and breakfast was terrific. Kid-friendly, small tables for couples and large tables for groups. Menu is good and service excellent.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Great friendly staff,some meals my party had were fine BUT i ordered the seafood Calzone and inside was i x calamari piece,1 x prawn and 1 x scallop with a piece of spinach.For the price paid it was absolutely a rip off.I cant believe they could get away with that price i paid for such a poor dish.I can now see the other reviews were not so good so be warned what you order.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I visited this establishment in the Kawana Waters shopping centre and to my surprise and delight they had a special running advertising schooners of draft Tiger beer for six dollars with a poster proudly standing on my table.

Being a lover of draft beer and partial to a schooner or two and having already previously sampled the Tiger brew I quickly ordered my schooner of Tiger.

To my surprise and disappointment my schooner of Tiger turned up in a very fancy glass with a large handle filled to the 300 ml line with icy cold Tiger beer. Yes the 300 ml line. Now everybody knows that a schooner is 425 mL (15 fluid ounces or three quarters of a point)

When you're a beer drinker and you drink schooners it is quickly noticeable that a 300 mL glass is no schooner.

I hastily summons the young waitress and informed her of her error. She apologised and said she was going to see the manager.

To my surprise and dismay and I would add disappointment she came back with the story from her manager that Tiger the beer company call their 300 ml glass a schooner and it is reference to the type of glass rather than the volume the glass holds.

The sign that was on the table made no reference to the fact that although calling it a schooner it fell way short of the schooner volume. They now have a disappointed and lost customer due to misrepresenting and quite possibly pennypinching.

It's a sad world when we have to start asking how much beer you are going to get when you order a schooner.

I left the establishment disappointed underwhelmed and somewhat still thirsty, vowing not to return.

2  Thank Wayne D