Stayed here as we were visiting Chatsworth and found it very cosy, the place is a popular pub for the small village so got a very locals local feel, but clean room and it looked like they had recently refurbished them as they had a very modern boutique feel to them and looked like there was no expense spared in the room we stayed in. Friendly service and OK food in the evenings but found the breakfast much better. It is about a 25 - 30minuet walk to Chatsworth half the walk is along a pavement of a very busy country road the other half is through the fields leading up to the Chatsworth estate so very scenic. I would recommend this place for an overnight stay but no more than two nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devonshire Arms at Pilsley is located on the Chatsworth Estate, which is owned by the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. It is the nearest property to Chatsworth House, being only a 20-minute walk away. The property has free WiFi in all areas and free on-site parking. Each of the 13 individually designed bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom. Some rooms offer a four-poster bed. Rooms are situated either in the main inn or the converted adjoining farmhouse. Devonshire Arms at Pilsley has an inviting and relaxing bar serving a selection of locally brewed ales, and wines from around the world. The restaurant serves produce that is locally sourced from the Chatsworth Estate. This dog-friendly accommodation is 10.2 miles from Chesterfield and 14.4 miles from Buxton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Devonshire Arms at Pilsley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devonshire Arms Pilsley Hotel Derby
- Devonshire Arms At Pilsley Derbyshire