We took advantage of a £70 for two b&b deal and of course, stayed for dinner.
The last time we were here it was an old, shabby pub with a great carvery but the transformation is amazing! Very tasteful decor and super friendly staff. We stayed in the Bramley room overlooking the front. Quite a small double and wouldn't want to stay for more than one night but very comfortable, warm and cosy. The bed very comfortable. We liked the fresh brownies in the room and there was lots of tea and coffee - sometimes hotels skimp on these. The bathroom is lovely and quite large- not far off the same size as the bedroom. We chose this room because it has a bath with shower over, just the job when you've been out for a strenuous walk - a lovely hot bath with Temple Spa amenities.
Dinner is very good pub food. I had the chicken liver late and the beef hash which was delicious - unusual to have 5 spice in it. Poached egg on the top which wasn't soft (my only gripe) as there's nothing nicer than breaking an egg over a plate of hash!
Hubby had the baked pepper filled with risotto followed by the cheeseburger with two pints of Thornbridge Jaipur which is made just down the road in Bakewell.
Very quiet village so no noise at night, breakfast was exceptionally good, one of the best cooked breakfasts we've had out for a while. Particular mention goes to the sausage which is from the Chatsworth Farm Shop over the road and phew - two lovely soft and funny poached eggs!
Will go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devonshire Arms at Pilsley is located on the Chatsworth Estate, which is owned by the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. It is the nearest property to Chatsworth House, being only a 20-minute walk away. The property has free WiFi in all areas and free on-site parking. Each of the 13 individually designed bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom. Some rooms offer a four-poster bed. Rooms are situated either in the main inn or the converted adjoining farmhouse. Devonshire Arms at Pilsley has an inviting and relaxing bar serving a selection of locally brewed ales, and wines from around the world. The restaurant serves produce that is locally sourced from the Chatsworth Estate. This dog-friendly accommodation is 10.2 miles from Chesterfield and 14.4 miles from Buxton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Devonshire Arms at Pilsley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devonshire Arms Pilsley Hotel Derby
- Devonshire Arms At Pilsley Derbyshire