“Wonderful place to stay for visiting the area.”

The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Pilsley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Busy village pub , very popular with walkers and holiday makers. Good average food choice on the menu. Highly recommend the steak and ale pie, chips were over cooked, but staff were apologetic and friendly.Service was slow the evening we visited, but would try it again.

Helen B, Manager at The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all our reviews very seriously, I am you enjoyed being here & I sincerely apologies for the service being slow.
We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - Restaurant

Reviewed 7 July 2014

WOW WOW WOW............. Just the most amazing pie ever, fat chunks of diced steak in the best beer gravy and a proper home-made pie-crust. My wife had the Mango chicken with rice and it must have been good as she never spoke through the meal, she even stole some of the proper homemade chips off me.

The only draw back for me was a clear under-staffing issue due to one person performing all the duties which was taking food orders from 5 o clock, serving the drinkers and looking after a party of ten which had walked in. come on chatsworth get front of house sorted.

Helen B, Manager at The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a fab review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your food & I will make sure that your comments are passed on.
The staffing is down to me & I will make sure that from now on 2 members of staff are on from 5pm not 6pm.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Called into the Devonshire arms Pilsley on Sunday the 29th June, not been to the pub for some time as it had lost its way a bit, but after been told by friends that it seemed to have gone back to its roots and boy it has, proper home-cooked food the hubby and I both had the roast beef cooked to perfection with the best Yorkshire's ever and the red cabbage was a treat, and Nicky's bread and butter pudding for afters topped it off, on paying the bill we asked how come the food seems to have come full circle we was informed that the original chef had come back, we will now be making this our regular place to eat again as this place can give you that proper home cooked comfort food and value for money but best of all it tastes just like mum used to make

Helen B, Manager at The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review.
We are thrilled to have Paul back & he heads a great kitchen team. I will make sure that your comments get passed on.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this establishment many times before as food always reliable and of consistent quality being locally sourced. Weather dreadfull for Spring bank week so place not as busy as usual for this time of year. A lot of regulars in but food arrived swiftly. Only gripe was espresso served in large capuchino size cups which made coffee cold.

1  Thank Marie185_13
Helen B, Manager at The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your food, & I will look into purchasing some espresso cups.

Helen

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Saw the sign from the main road on dropped in for lunch. Interior has obviously been done up recently in a gastro pub style, but still has character. 4 ales available as well as all the usual lagers etc.
Service was friendly and helpful.

Considering the food was all home cooked it didn't take too long to arrive, but any longer would have caused problems due to having a young family.

Burgers were tasty but chips and onion rings were very greasy. Not great value for money with each burger being over £10. Expected something more for the money. Would go back to try again.

1  Thank philndawns

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Please accept my apologies on the chips & onion rings being greasy.
We take all comments on board & do our best to improve & move forward.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Helen