“Our go to place in Deerfield”
Review of Demetris

Demetris
Reserve with OpenTable
Demetris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Deerfield
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I am surprised by some if the negative reviews here. It makes me wonder if some people are reviewing a different restaurant. This restaurant is owned and managed by Sam, who is always there. The servers are all family or close family friends. I have never seen a female server there but there certainly could have been one for a short time. We once had HORRIBLE service there by a Greek town transplant who was new to the restaurant. I called Sam the next day because I knew he would want to know. The server was fired on the spot. My husband and I are native Chicagoans and have eaten in Greek town many times. We think Demetris food is comparable to any restaurant in Greek town. The only dish we like better in Greek town is the saganaki where most restaurants use casari cheese.

1  Thank lcabinette

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love going to Demetri's for the ambience - both indoors and out. Their personal service makes you feel like you are on a Greek island. Their menu is varied and their fish is good, especially for the price. Great place for date night, business meetings, or solo.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had a party for 7 for a gathering and usually we do this in downtown Chicago. With winter being what it is I opted for a close by establishment and called Demetri's ahead to be sure they could accommodate us with some special non-Greek items that were not on the menu. I learned that I was speaking with Sam the owner. He never said NO to any of my requests. I pre arranged lobster cocktails, oysters rockefeller and a couple other non menu items. Everything was absolutely GREAT. Seeing and tasting the non menu items ordered, I knew the menu items for dinner were going to be out of this world. Lamb chops, red snapper, octopus, calamari,, all excellent. The service was supplied by two wait staff as a team. We did not lack for service. I learned that one of our wait staff was the owners son, George. We reflected our happiness with the food and service in the tip we left. My friends all felt that I made the right decision in picking Demetri's for this gathering and have now ruled out the need to go downtown for this in the future. We were able to experience the downtown Chicago effect right here in our backyard in Deerfield at half of the cost. Thank you Sam, George and staff. A special thank you to the Chef.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Friendly atmosphere for a wonderful Greek style meal. Food is very good,, with many traditional Greek dishes, plus a wide variety of other choices, including fresh fish. Staff and owners are very friendly and service is excellent. They have a nice separate room for small to medium size parties.

1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went with two other couples to this Greek restaurant, and I am not a fan of Greek food other than Gyros. The other couples who are fans, greatly enjoyed their meals and the selections that they could make.