“Avoid Moussaka”
Review of Demetris

Demetris
Reserve with OpenTable
Demetris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Deerfield
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First time, will be last time. Ordered the moussaka.
Very salty, otherwise tasteless. Save yourself the trouble. Service was ok. Mostly empty and older crowd early in the evening.

2  Thank GSch12

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our group had a good time at this restaurant. The owner was really friendly, food came quickly, and we were able to taste quite a variety of dishes. The salads were divided in advance which saganaki was impressively presented but too salty for most of us, moussaka was excellent, lamb also excellent, I wished the gyros came with pita and tomato instead of just tsatziki, dessert was baklava and walnut cake which were both fine. The zucchini and carrot saute tasted great but the potatoes were a bit oily. Waiter forgot to bring out wine and by the time he remembered we just canceled that order, but he was apologetic and our host could have reminded him earlier. To be honest, the only thing that I really didn't like was that when we came in the entryway smelled overpoweringly like cheap flowery bathroom cleaner; the bathrooms are next to the entry and I would suggest changing to a bathroom cleaner that doesn't leave an odor in the entryway, since that's the first impression people get of the restaurant and it's kind of an appetite suppressant.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My three friends and I had an amazing dining experience at Demetri's in Deerfield, Illinois this evening. The food was superbly prepared with just the right blend of spices, cooked exactly right, with a lovely presentation on the plate.

I had one of the best soups I've ever eaten--chicken lemon. My entre was "Kotopoulous Demetri" chicken with chicken, feta cheese, and vegetables wrapped in philo. It came with sliced squash and potatoes. My friends had the combination plate and a mousaka dish. We all had baklava for dessert. My friends raved about their selections. I do not know how the taste and quality of the food could have been improved.

The waiter was very skilled and attentive. The food appeared, then the empty dishes disappeared at the right times.

This place would make someone indifferent to Greek food absolutely love it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food was great. I was dining alone on business. They made me feel right at home! I had the fish of the day and it was wonderful.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I am surprised by some if the negative reviews here. It makes me wonder if some people are reviewing a different restaurant. This restaurant is owned and managed by Sam, who is always there. The servers are all family or close family friends. I have never seen a female server there but there certainly could have been one for a short time. We once had HORRIBLE service there by a Greek town transplant who was new to the restaurant. I called Sam the next day because I knew he would want to know. The server was fired on the spot. My husband and I are native Chicagoans and have eaten in Greek town many times. We think Demetris food is comparable to any restaurant in Greek town. The only dish we like better in Greek town is the saganaki where most restaurants use casari cheese.

1  Thank lcabinette