“Consistently good”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sarasota, Florida
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have been staying here for over 15 years when I travel to company HQ. There are three suite hotels in the area, and I have stayed at all three. I prefer the Embassy suites because the rooms are larger and because of the free morning breakfasts daily and evening cocktail receptions during the week. I am always recognized as a returning guest and my preferences for room location, etc. are always followed to a T. They recently expanded and upgraded their breakfast area and I am very pleased with the results.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side can pick up some of the road noise from the nearby interstate. Those on the...
Green Features: They change sheets every three days, which is just fine with me.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I admit that Embassy Suites hotels are my favorite hotel brand, but this one has consistently exceeded my expectations over the past 15 years that I have been traveling to this area. Yes, it is convenient to my company HQ, but there are other suite hotels close by to choose from and I have tried them all. This is the best in the area. Their new breakfast area completed this Spring is especially nice.

austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

As advertised, spacious room, complimentary breakfast, overall great stay. I've always enjoyed Embassy Suites, and this hotel did not disappoint. I would recommend this hotel, and will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Moving from one home to anoter, we sought a comfoortable and convenient hotel for three nights. Essentially, expected to just "crash" after tiring days. We knew of the hotel and decided to try it -- speciousness was key factor, but complimentary food and beverage were also considerations. There were certainly cheaper (and pricer) options in the area, but this was an overall satisfying experience. The on-site bar and restaurant were surprisingly better than expected. The staff throughout was pleasant and helpful. Oh, yest, the Speakman shower head did make a difference after we returned to the room weary, hot and dusty.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Northbrook, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Had a room with terrible smell..smoke or something and they didn't resolve until 2 days later..offered nothing to compensate. We tried to work with the staff and management but they were unresponsive. I don't understand how a company so focused on service can let something like this happen. When I checked out they asked if everything was okay and I again told them the story and again they offered nothing to compensate me for the poor experience. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Brad H, General Manager at Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Andrew B,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience. I assure that this is very rare to happen and I can certainly empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Brad

Brad Harvey
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on business travel and I would recommend this hotel to my co-workers. The rooms were very clean, the staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, and the breakfast buffet (included in your stay) was both satisfying and well-stocked. If I travel to this area again for work, I'll be back to stay here.

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the less noise you get in the evenings from the bar that's in the center...
Green Features: Very happy to see the practices! I would like to hear more about your recycling and/or composting efforts as well.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Came here for a work function on Jul 15 and stayed the night. The rooms are very clean and the staff was excellent. I highly recommend the restaurant Cadwell's Grille for dinner. The staff at the restaurant was very attentive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
The Westin Chicago North Shore

Been to Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield? Share your experiences!