1,173 results
All reviewsevening receptionomeletmade to order breakfastfree happy hourfront desk stafffree breakfasthotel restauranthot breakfastchicago areanorth shorevery nice hotelnice staybusiness centershuttle servicefitness centeryogurtatrium
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had 31 guests stay at the Embassy Suites Deerfield hotel for 3 nights while in Chicago to celebrate my grandfathers 90th birthday party. The hotel remodel was gorgeous and the managers reception and breakfast were amazing each day.

Jerry the shuttle driver was friendly and on time. Additionally, Curtis at the front desk was super helpful and friendly.

Everything was fabulous for our stay!!!! A special thank you to Carrie LaVigne at the Embassy Suites for helping me to coordinate all of the rooms, shuttle rides and special arrangements for my family to help make our weekend a success.

Thank you!
K. Schick

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have been around the country and this hotel is the best! The staff made us feel like we were VIPS. The room was very clean and we really enjoyed the evening reception. It was a great way to relax after a fun filled day in Chicago .We great food from the hotel that came very fast and tasted great. I will be returning with family and friends to this location!!! Its about a hour by train in to the city and its just enough time to plan the days actives. We were able to park the car and have the hotel shuttle us back and forth to the Metra train. The shuttle drivers provide us with great information about choices for our stay. The staff answered so many questions for us and the business center was a great way to set up our daily plans and tickets for trip into Chicago,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was very satisfied with my overall stay, the only area I was dissatisfied was with the hotel not providing free WiFi. They charge $9.95 for 24 hour access! This is a service that should be included for free.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 21 July 2013

After our last stay, one year ago, my wife sent an itemized list of complaints to management...but what a difference a year makes. Everything has been improved, from the functionality and esthetics of the complimentary-breakfast area to the appearance of the rooms to the quietness of the nighttime to the attitude of the staff. Air conditioning is thermostatically controlled, shades are heavy to shut out light, and my insomniac spouse had her best sleep in weeks.At the good and plentiful hot breakfast (made to order omelettes for those willing to stand in line), staff scurried about to keep used tables clean and welcoming for the next guests. New pool rules have been put in place, and apparently are enforced. The former noise and rowdiness in common areas has vanished. Kudos to Embassy Suites Deerfield, which is handy to the Illinois Tollway and has driven itself to a higher plateau of performance.

Room Tip: Can't beat the 7th floor for quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have been staying here for over 15 years when I travel to company HQ. There are three suite hotels in the area, and I have stayed at all three. I prefer the Embassy suites because the rooms are larger and because of the free morning breakfasts daily and evening cocktail receptions during the week. I am always recognized as a returning guest and my preferences for room location, etc. are always followed to a T. They recently expanded and upgraded their breakfast area and I am very pleased with the results.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side can pick up some of the road noise from the nearby interstate. Those on the north side are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business