“Much Better than it looks on the outside”

Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Weston, Florida
“Much Better than it looks on the outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

As we drove towards this Hyatt, my wife thought this was going to be a nightmare stay based on the outside, kind of dreary from the outside, hard to find-BUT we were very positively surprised by the stay, the room and the overall experience. The room was very good, the fitness center was excellent and had a terrific pool. BTW, breakfast buffet was quite good. It is conveniently located to many corporate HQ's in the area.

Room Tip: We used a pre-pay wekend rate and it was a great value.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Marty R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Thank You so much for your comments. We are working hard to improve our "Curb Appeal" with recent updates to the Landscaping and our Parking Lot. I will share your comments with my Team and look forward to your next visit,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

This Hyatt is close to major expressways, shopping, and the Chicago Botanic Garden and the Ravinia Music Festivals. I always stay here when I visit Chicago and I've never been disappointed. The staff is helpful, the rooms are like suites and the price is always right--particularly on weekends. Free parking is another perk.

Room Tip: Book the AAA rate and you often get a free breakfast buffet worth $18.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank circusman70
Marty R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
I certainly appreciate the great feedback!! I will share it with my Team. We look forward to your next visit to the Chicagoland Area.
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We went to the Hyatt Deerfield to scout a location for our 2012 Navy reunion. From the minute we walked in to this hotel we felt totally at home and completely comfortable. Every single hotel staff person we dealt with was polite, helpful, and a smile on everyone. How refreshing. We were at the Hyatt for 4 days and we were made to feel as if they truly wanted us there and enjoyed our staying with them as much as we enjoyed being there. It seemed to us more of a "family" stay than a "business" stay. Usually we find that there is maybe one person who is cranky and might give us a problem or one glaring thing that would be a deal breaker for us. Not so in this hotel. Everything is perfect with the Hyatt Deerfield. We are very glad to report that we did indeed contract with the Hyatt Deerfield and totally look forward to all our shipmates and friends coming to this hotel for our reunion. Many thanks to all of the people there who made our job so much easier and really pleasurable. You're the best!! The food in the restaurant of this hotel is great. Everything we had to eat there was outstanding. Never a bad anything in this restaurant. You just have to check out this hotel for yourself. If your military reunion is looking for the best place in the world to have their event, then this is it. If you are just on a family vacation, you have to include the Hyatt Deerfield.....then will make you very, very welcome. Bill & Sue Birdsong...Reunion Planners USS FLOYD B. PARKS DD884

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank soonbil
Marty R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Wow! Thanks for the great feedback!! I will share it with the Team. We are honored to be selected as the Host Hotel for your reunion in 2012.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel is a great property. Ambiance and landscaping was wonderful. The staff at hotel was friendly and very accomodating. I wish it was closer to downtown Chicago :-( But, its worth the 25-30 minute drive. I will definetely be back to stay at this property!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Marty R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank You for the feedback. I will share it with the Team. Please use us again on your next visit to Chicagoland.
rockford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We were there with a traveling sport team. The block of rooms were full so we booked with an OTA. We contacted them ahead of time to make sure we could get two beds (have a 10 and 13 year old). They assured us they would put it on our file and it would not be a problem. We booked the room and then called again to confirm. When we got there (4P), and after waiting 20 minutes to check in they only had one bed. They were not apologetic or did they have a solution. They said they would send up a blanket and pillow for sleeping on the floor. We arrived back at the hotel at 10P and no floor accessories. So we called the front desk, after 10 minutes waiting we called from out cell phone and they answered right away and said they would send someone up immediately. After 45 minutes (now after 11) someone showed up. Trying to sleep was a challenge because they had kids running in the hall until 1:30 A.
The next night we got an email at 3A that the 8A game had changed. We were to go to the website. Since I didnt have my laptop and working from a Blackberry is tough I went to their business center. They use a program called "Eleveen" it would not connect and said I wasnt registered there. Now the one bright spot is that after 20 minutes of messing with this the young lady at the desk said it is rediculous and put it up on the front desk monitor. This was 6A last Sunday and the young lady was great, she said she would have the AV person look at it but "it should work and I was entering it properly".
My advice would be use the Westin accross the street. The Indigo is also very nice and I have great things to say about that. At any rate, I think the Hyatt did a horrible job last weekend and I would avoid them.

Room Tip: avoid the hotel, but if you must stay get at the end of the wing away from the interstate
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
I am very sorry we did not have the Room type you requested. Unfortunately, when you book thru a third party, a request is not a guarantee. I hope you will try us again in the future. Please contact the Hotel direct to assure your Room type wil be guaranteed. Thanks.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

... it's a good location for us three times each summer for business. The front desk staff seems to remember us and the welcome feels warm. If that is only training, it's great training!

When we stayed last month (for five nights) we were told the rate did not include one breakfast as I was certain it did ... but, I did not have a printed confirmation of the details. When I spoke to the Hyatt 800 number later they assured me I was correct and advised me to ask for breakfast for two for our three night stay, which I did. And they happily gave us both breakfast.

It seems like a small thing. But, it's the small things that keep guests happy. Even if they are done during the next stay.

We are booked again this month. I'll update.

What I can't get over is the old, old, old television ... why would we buy a movie on an old small television with strange color, bet the property is losing money there. We were told last year the televisions were in the process of updating. Not yet.

Food. Breakfast is a wonderful buffet, or menu. The kitchen is very talented. Room service is spot-on, with tasty and interesting dinners. "Yum" every time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for the great feedback. I will share it with the Team. Hope to see you next time you travel to Chicagoland!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

On many trips to the Chicago area I typically stayed in downtown and would travel outbto suburbs for most meetings since companies and clients are out in suburbs.

I started staying at this property and found similar service as the downtown Hyatt hotels and a bit more at this property. The room set up was very smart with closet space and enertainment center in middle of room separating living room area from bedroom. Great idea. Very comfortable hotel and even better yet was breakfast included in rate and free parking.

I will return for sure on next trip

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Thanks for your comments. I will share them with my team. Look forward to your next stay with us in Deerfield.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Courtyard Chicago Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Deerfield? Share your experiences!