“A good surprise”

Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 April 2012

While on a bus tour to Washington D.C. one of our nights was spent at the Hyatt Deerfield which although under construction in a couple areas, was a wonderful, quiet, clean place to spend the night. We were in a suite style room with all the amenities and very comfy beds. The food was great and the service excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

TTINK-

We are glad your stay with us was a good one... The construction is all finished and we have been putting in new art and furniture this week... it looks amazing!

Thanks again for the business; we hope you can come back and experience the new hotel!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Love the new lobby, hallways and additions to the rooms! This hotel was in great condition before and it looks like they put a bunch of money into... Love it!

• Stayed: April 2012

Jenquat1-

We are glad you like the new look! We are still hanging some artwork throughout the hotel, but we couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Thanks again for your business!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Wow, I've been staying here for a long time on business. Staff tells me major renovation is only a few weeks away... Already starting to look amazing! Great service. Greg at the front desk is always great... Food is fantastic and I live the suite style rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Jake121212-

We are very excited to almost be finished withthe renovation. I walked the new restaurant this morning and it looks great! Thank you for youe continued support of the Hyatt Deerfield!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Nice hotel and good location. Good for business meetings, training and activities. Nice restaurant and small bar.

• Stayed: October 2011
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

WJG-PR-

I'm glad you enjoy our hotel! We pride ourselves on being one of the best choices on the North Shore for both the business and leisure traveler. We should be done with our renovation in a few weeks... the final product is going to be fantastic! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hotel is currently under construction. As a result, the low cost is bringing in some sketchy individuals. The hallways smell like weed and loud noises persisted throughout the night. Lots of loitering in the hallways. Otherwise, the room was nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris C

Chris C-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! We are very excited to finish our current renovation... Things still look very promising for a completion date right around April 1st! I hope you have the opportunity to come back when we are complete... it's truly going to look like a new hotel!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

There's a BIG renovation in progress at this hotel, so that didn't make for a fantastic first impression, as most of the lobby was covered by a tarp, the restaurant was in a conference room, the front desk was temporary tables, etc. However, I'll give the place a break -- it's good to see a hotel do a COMPLETE refresh, as this one is doing, and from what I saw of the new design, it was sleek, modern, and welcoming.

Service at the front desk was great. I was welcomed warmly and agent even changed my room assignment to better align with my preferences.

I was really impressed when I got to the room (I assume I was in a renovated one). It looked FANTASTIC -- really stylish and modern while retaining warmth. There's a small living room, great working desk, and then a sort of break in the room with a swiveling, big flat screen TV with the bed behind it. The bed was very comfortable.

I had dinner with a colleague in the hotel's restaurant. Despite being in a conference room during the renovation, it was a good meal -- service was welcoming and the food (both of us got sandwiches) tasted quite good. I really appreciated that the sandwiches could come with something besides fries; I had a delicious cucumber/tomato/onion salad.

Fitness center was in great condition.

Overall, I think this hotel will look fantastic when the renovation is complete, but even while it is in progress I had a very good experience. Will certainly return when business brings me back to the area!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Adam P, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

brmusicman-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! We should be done with the renovation in the next 2-3 weeks... We are very excited to open our new facilities! Thanks again for your patronage... We greatly appreciate it!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Being a single woman it is hard for me to find hotels that make me feel safe. The Hyatt did a great job. I noticed that the door handles are angled so that nobody can open the door from the outside. Also when I lost my key the front desk actually asked for my drivers license before issuing me a new one. The breakfast buffet had fresh fruit and granola as well as a fabulous oatmeal option. Being a gold passport member I was given an amenity at check in. The cute Chinese box was the most creative that I have seen in my travels. The Starbucks was great and it was nice to have my Carmel macchiato in the morning. I like the new tvs in the room, but the picture was definitely not high def. Overall I was very impressed with my stay and will definitely be back my next trip to Deerfield.

Room Tip: I liked the room that was on the end o he hallway, it seemed bigger than the other room I had my las...