“Great Location, Great Value”

Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Nashville
“Great Location, Great Value”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed at this property many times, most recently in October, 2013. The location is excellent for the Greater North Shore area and the room rate represents excellent value. Most of the other Reviewers seem to agree with me that the office staff are very competent, friendly and accommodating. The reported 'horror' stories regarding individual rooms seem rather fanciful--or at least exaggerated--based upon my experiences staying here from time to time over the past several years. (I have never encountered a problem.) It is true that this is an elderly Red Roof Inn, with some rooms having been converted to the upgraded amenities which they advertise nationally. Again, the primary reasons for staying here are: location and value. (Book your room online for the lowest price.) If your priorities are different, you should, of course, look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Freeland, Michigan
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during a trip for work. I chose to pick a cheap hotel, so that's what I got and was fine with it. The room did smell a bit of old cigarette smoke. Since hotels used to have smoking rooms, I assume its just a left over smell. The room was clean. The sheets were clean (I always check that first no matter where I stay). The bathroom was small, but efficient. They had good water pressure. No flat screen, microwave, or refrigerator in the basic room. Basic cable channels and the internet works but is a bit slow. The lobby was very nice and they had coffee. More than enough parking and easy access to the highway and shopping.
With lower rate hotels, you do get lower-rate neighbors, however. A gentlemen took note of my room number at some point in the afternoon and called me later that evening to see if I wanted company. It made me uneasy seeing as how he knew my room number, however the front desk had no problem assigning me a new room on the spot.
If you are just staying for a short time and not spending much time in your room, this hotel may be an option.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Book online for best price and you will find this place is cheap and because it's cheap you get what you pay for here. It does not offer breakfast, not sure about internet, but parking is free. No coffee machine or blow dryer in room either. Still I would recommend staying here if you can check out the room prior to checking in. The room we had was clean and smelled clean and the beds were surprisingly decent in comfort. If a cheap place to stay is what you want, look no further.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DaytripperChicago
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a terrible experience here over the Labor Day weekend. Nearly 30 guests stayed there for our wedding reception, which was at a restaurant across the street, and I think half of them had some sort of a bad experience, from long lines at check-in, to double booked rooms, to phantom charges. I felt horrible that my guests had to deal with all of that. Plus, for 70$ a night, I would expect a bottle of shampoo and conditioner at the very least.
On the positive note, our room was clean, otherwise, would not recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank huliganjetta
Onalaska
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel was nothing short of disgusting! When we walked into the room we were taken aback by the strong smell of stale cigarette smoke, some fresh as well I believe. Either way we put our luggage back into the car so that our clothing did not stink in the morning. We checked in really late so finding a different hotel was not really an option for us. Upon climbing in bed I found several long hairs, not mine, on both the pillow and the sheets. I am assuming the maid needed a nap?!? The GFI outlet by the sink did not work, the lighting above the sink was constantly flickering, and my husband found an empty peanut jar under one of the beds. The one thing I am grateful for is that my husband knows me well enough that if he had told me he found a large, dead, roach-like bug under the AC unit that I would have demanded we sleep in the car. Thankfully he waited until we checked out to share that little tidbit with me. The lady at the desk said she would have the manager call me but I am not holding out hope.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Htweets
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Arrived at the hotel after 1 AM after a drive from Ohio and walking around downtown Chicago for a few hours. My boyfriend and I passed out on the bed within 30 minutes of being in the room and didn't look around. When we woke up I noticed a cup by the sink that had leaf looking product in it. It turned out to be marijuana which was also on the floor and a little on the counter. We reported this to the staff and they assured us they would take care of the aforementioned drug and have the manager contact us once he had came in and they could fill him in on the situation. We stayed at the hotel on a Friday night and I waited until Monday afternoon to take matters into my own hands and contact the manager. The manager acted as if me informing him of our encounter was the first time he had heard it and was appalled at the fact that we felt we should be refunded for having slept in a dirty room that contained illegal drugs in it. I am very displeased with not only the presentation of this hotel, but more importantly the professionalism of the staff and manager. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone. As for anyone who does stay here I hope that you don't have a problem or complaint because with such a serious situation as the one I presented, the staff and manager did not seem to care. Not even one apology was given to us and I am very disgusted with the whole situation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Destiny_Snyder
Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed one night. The room was clean, basic and older. The building was a little rough around the edges. Good price. The personnel at check in and check out were pleasant.No complaints....it served its purpose.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Courtyard Chicago Deerfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield? Share your experiences!