“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel is clean and affordable. It is a perfect place for me to stay for business purposes, but would definitely be acceptable for families. There is one person in particular, Lou, who is always ready to help the guests. Lou always greets me with a smile and goes out of his way to make my stays as comfortable as he can. I spend at least 12 nights a year at Red Roof during my busy season. I could spend a lot more at the other hotels in town, but I choose affordability, comfort, and friendliness over higher priced hotels. Thanks Lou! - John Chinski

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Mr. John Chinski

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Chicago Northbrook/Deerfield Red Roof. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team especially with Lou. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Mirian Leon
General Manager-Red Roof Inn Northbrook/Deerfield
(847)205-1755 or (847)964-9631
i0188@redroof.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Hammond, Indiana
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was there this past week maybe It was Wednesday. I haven't been back to the property for about a year and half. I've called and asked them if they can look me in from my previous stay and confirm if they still offer direct billing for my company. The gentlemen I spoke to was Mike. He was very friendly got things done quickly in and out. What was great was He offered me a complementary Cold bottle of water at check in. Gave me a 15 % off coupon for my next stay. Enrolled me into the hotel loyalty program. I see they gotten new flat screen a major improvement from the time before. Room was nice clean fresh. Wifi worked it did the job sometimes a little slow but over all it was fast. Asked for a wakeup call for 3am and fresh coffee , they had it all set up in the lobby. What would be nice is if they had a quick breakfast or a some grab and go would be nice . maybe some granola / oatmeal bars . Mike at check in told me the property is going under new management, and in the spring will start renovation. Friendly staff member , great room and great price cant complain .Thank you for and Enjoyable stay
Anthony W. Hammond,In

Room Tip: Ask for rooms behind the lobby or the back side it's quieter not that loud. Easier to sleep
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Anthony041975

Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review from your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn-Deerfield/Northbrook. I am glad that your overall experience was a pleasant one; but most importantly, that one of our team members Mike made it rewarding to you by offering direct bill, bottle of water and at the room at right price. We truly strive on having nice clean comfortable rooms; fresh coffee and tea available 24 hours. I am delighted that you enjoyed the new flat screen TV’S that are offered in all of our rooms, this is just one of our recent up-grades that are planned as part of our up-coming renovation. I am so sorry that you experienced a problem with our Wi-Fi service; I can assure you that we will escalate the issue to our vendor. I am also very sorry that we currently do not offer any kind of breakfast; however, there are many restaurants nearby and some within walking distance. Hope to see you again soon!

Mirian Leon
(847)205-1755
i0188@redroof.com
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were traveling from Tennessee to Michigan's upper peninsula. At the last minute we decided to stop and spend the night in Chicago rather than continue driving. I checked out several reviews online (all via smartphone) and was able to book a room at a decent rate 30 minutes prior to checking in. We arrived a few minutes after midnight.

The desk clerk handled our checkout quickly and efficiently. The parking lot and sidewalks were freshly shoveled and as clear of snow/ice as they could be (some parked cars prevented snow removal in some areas). The room was warm (it was 2 degrees outside...seriously) and quite clean. The beds were comfortable. We heard a little road noise, but our butts were dragging so sleep came quickly.

I recommend this property and would stay here again. No complaints at all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris L
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Chris,

My team and I at the Red Roof Inn – Northbrook/Deerfield was super excited reading your review; thank you so much for that. I am glad that we were your hotel choice among others.

Our mission as a team is to keep our public areas in the best presentable way possible for our valued guests like yourself, and I am thrilled that you noticed it during your stay.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind words and we can’t wait to have you over again during your next visit to Chicago.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Checked in here after getting in late to Chicago and it was perfect for what we needed. Just a place to crash and shower in the morning. It was about 25 min from downtown Chicago and a little close to the interstate. It didn't help that our room was the closest and facing the interstate (Room 134), but the room seemed larger because it was the handicapped room, due to the larger bathroom and lower light switches. The room was average, and the towels seemed a little thin, but we just asked for more to compensate. The room seemed newly renovated because the paint and trim didn't look dirty and worn yet. The TV was still one of the box tvs instead of flat panels so maybe it wasn't all updated yet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HanKelly
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review. The team and I, at the Red Roof Inn - Northbrook apreciate any feedback we receive from valued customers like you. It helps us to identify any area of improvement in our service or quality. I would love to be at your service in your next stay; fell free to contact me at the property any time you may have any future lodging needs in the Chicago area, so I can assure that we meet your special requests and better room location for you.

Mirian Leon - General Manager
(847)205-1755
340 S Waukegan Road.
Northbrook/Deerfield, IL 60015
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I walked into the room and thought I had traveled back to the Kennedy Presidential Years. The room was nice and warm and clean but all decore was old. They advertise flat screen TV's, ours was an old 25 inch Panasonic tube tv with bad reception and some fuzzy channels. The bathroom had a shower curtain either hung too high or was too short, that when you took your shower it would not stay in the tub and flooded the floor. The towels I think I could read the news paper thru, they were so thin and non absorbent, it takes 2 towels to dry off. The exhaust fan sounded like a Biplane from World War ! trying to take off. I showered with the light from the dressing area and not the shower area so I would not disturb the people in the rooms around me. Iam glad it was only $50 a night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Will D
Nashville
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed at this property many times, most recently in October, 2013. The location is excellent for the Greater North Shore area and the room rate represents excellent value. Most of the other Reviewers seem to agree with me that the office staff are very competent, friendly and accommodating. The reported 'horror' stories regarding individual rooms seem rather fanciful--or at least exaggerated--based upon my experiences staying here from time to time over the past several years. (I have never encountered a problem.) It is true that this is an elderly Red Roof Inn, with some rooms having been converted to the upgraded amenities which they advertise nationally. Again, the primary reasons for staying here are: location and value. (Book your room online for the lowest price.) If your priorities are different, you should, of course, look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Freeland, Michigan
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during a trip for work. I chose to pick a cheap hotel, so that's what I got and was fine with it. The room did smell a bit of old cigarette smoke. Since hotels used to have smoking rooms, I assume its just a left over smell. The room was clean. The sheets were clean (I always check that first no matter where I stay). The bathroom was small, but efficient. They had good water pressure. No flat screen, microwave, or refrigerator in the basic room. Basic cable channels and the internet works but is a bit slow. The lobby was very nice and they had coffee. More than enough parking and easy access to the highway and shopping.
With lower rate hotels, you do get lower-rate neighbors, however. A gentlemen took note of my room number at some point in the afternoon and called me later that evening to see if I wanted company. It made me uneasy seeing as how he knew my room number, however the front desk had no problem assigning me a new room on the spot.
If you are just staying for a short time and not spending much time in your room, this hotel may be an option.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield? Share your experiences!