“Nice, quiet, and relaxing”

Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I lived in Red Roof Inn Deerfield/Northbrook, IL location in the past 8 days and very satisfied. Sabino and the location manage with other team members made my stay very comfortable. Red Roof Inn is not a five stars hotel, but if you would like to have a nice, quiet, clean, and convenient place to relax or work, it is a very good choice to stay in there. You get free WiFi and coin laundry on site.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear HCA771,

We are so glad to hear that you selected our Hotel the Red Roof Inn-Northbrook/Deerfield to be your home away from home. Thank you for sharing that Sabino, my team and I provided comfort to your stay. Our recent renovation and upgrades had been done thinking in every guest like you that values a nice, clean product. I noticed that you selected our Superior king room that features iron, iron board, hair dryer, micro fridge and our new 37” flat TV’s have now 48 HD channels. I totally agree with your comments about the free WiFi and guest laundry, but most importantly I am so happy that we meet all your expectations. Please visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Red Roof Inn is a good value for the area. It is located right off the tollway, set back in from the street. Rooms open directly to the outside. You can request a mini fridge for an an additional fee. Staff are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Oaktonncc

Thank you so much for you feedback in regards to your recent stay at our Red Roof Inn – Northbrook. We are very glad that our hotel offered a good value and location. I am delighted that you selected our newly renovated Superior King room that not only offers a micro-fridge but it also includes additional amenities such as coffee maker, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. I appreciate the recognition of our friendly staff and look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had great service while I was here. They were very helpful and friendly. Sabino upgraded me at no charge to a Superior King room due to the room I reserved not being ready. Then when I got into my room the frig wasn't working. So I called and they immediately sent someone in to replace the whole frig! I also called the front desk to ask directions and where to park downtown and every time they were very friendly!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear RFGrealis

We truly appreciate you took the time to give us a positive feedback on your recent stay at our Red Roof Inn-Northbrook/Deerfield. I am glad that even though your room reserved was not available at the time of your arrival, we were able to upgrade you to one of our Superior King rooms, at no additional charge. I will make sure to praise Sabino and the rest of the team for taking care of any of your issues and that we provided directions to park in downtown in a friendly manner.

Thank you for continuing to stay with us and I want you to know that I am just a phone call away if you need anything else during or after your departure.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel is clean and affordable. It is a perfect place for me to stay for business purposes, but would definitely be acceptable for families. There is one person in particular, Lou, who is always ready to help the guests. Lou always greets me with a smile and goes out of his way to make my stays as comfortable as he can. I spend at least 12 nights a year at Red Roof during my busy season. I could spend a lot more at the other hotels in town, but I choose affordability, comfort, and friendliness over higher priced hotels. Thanks Lou! - John Chinski

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Mr. John Chinski

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Chicago Northbrook/Deerfield Red Roof. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team especially with Lou. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was there this past week maybe It was Wednesday. I haven't been back to the property for about a year and half. I've called and asked them if they can look me in from my previous stay and confirm if they still offer direct billing for my company. The gentlemen I spoke to was Mike. He was very friendly got things done quickly in and out. What was great was He offered me a complementary Cold bottle of water at check in. Gave me a 15 % off coupon for my next stay. Enrolled me into the hotel loyalty program. I see they gotten new flat screen a major improvement from the time before. Room was nice clean fresh. Wifi worked it did the job sometimes a little slow but over all it was fast. Asked for a wakeup call for 3am and fresh coffee , they had it all set up in the lobby. What would be nice is if they had a quick breakfast or a some grab and go would be nice . maybe some granola / oatmeal bars . Mike at check in told me the property is going under new management, and in the spring will start renovation. Friendly staff member , great room and great price cant complain .Thank you for and Enjoyable stay
Anthony W. Hammond,In

Room Tip: Ask for rooms behind the lobby or the back side it's quieter not that loud. Easier to sleep
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Anthony041975

Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review from your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn-Deerfield/Northbrook. I am glad that your overall experience was a pleasant one; but most importantly, that one of our team members Mike made it rewarding to you by offering direct bill, bottle of water and at the room at right price. We truly strive on having nice clean comfortable rooms; fresh coffee and tea available 24 hours. I am delighted that you enjoyed the new flat screen TV’S that are offered in all of our rooms, this is just one of our recent up-grades that are planned as part of our up-coming renovation. I am so sorry that you experienced a problem with our Wi-Fi service; I can assure you that we will escalate the issue to our vendor. I am also very sorry that we currently do not offer any kind of breakfast; however, there are many restaurants nearby and some within walking distance. Hope to see you again soon!

(847)205-1755

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were traveling from Tennessee to Michigan's upper peninsula. At the last minute we decided to stop and spend the night in Chicago rather than continue driving. I checked out several reviews online (all via smartphone) and was able to book a room at a decent rate 30 minutes prior to checking in. We arrived a few minutes after midnight.

The desk clerk handled our checkout quickly and efficiently. The parking lot and sidewalks were freshly shoveled and as clear of snow/ice as they could be (some parked cars prevented snow removal in some areas). The room was warm (it was 2 degrees outside...seriously) and quite clean. The beds were comfortable. We heard a little road noise, but our butts were dragging so sleep came quickly.

I recommend this property and would stay here again. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris L
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Chris,

My team and I at the Red Roof Inn – Northbrook/Deerfield was super excited reading your review; thank you so much for that. I am glad that we were your hotel choice among others.

Our mission as a team is to keep our public areas in the best presentable way possible for our valued guests like yourself, and I am thrilled that you noticed it during your stay.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind words and we can’t wait to have you over again during your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Checked in here after getting in late to Chicago and it was perfect for what we needed. Just a place to crash and shower in the morning. It was about 25 min from downtown Chicago and a little close to the interstate. It didn't help that our room was the closest and facing the interstate (Room 134), but the room seemed larger because it was the handicapped room, due to the larger bathroom and lower light switches. The room was average, and the towels seemed a little thin, but we just asked for more to compensate. The room seemed newly renovated because the paint and trim didn't look dirty and worn yet. The TV was still one of the box tvs instead of flat panels so maybe it wasn't all updated yet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HanKelly
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review. The team and I, at the Red Roof Inn - Northbrook apreciate any feedback we receive from valued customers like you. It helps us to identify any area of improvement in our service or quality. I would love to be at your service in your next stay; fell free to contact me at the property any time you may have any future lodging needs in the Chicago area, so I can assure that we meet your special requests and better room location for you.

Mirian Leon - General Manager
(847)205-1755
340 S Waukegan Road.
Northbrook/Deerfield, IL 60015

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield? Share your experiences!