“Authentic Vietnamese Food”

Streamwood, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I'm very fortunate to work within walking distance from Dung Gia.. I've had 50% of the items on the menu over the past couple of years and I haven't been disappointed in any of them. Large portions of food for a reasonable price. There isn't alot of street parking in front of the restaurant, however, there is parking across the street in the Metra Train lot. If you park in that lot facing north, the parking is free. Make the trip, it's worth it!

• Visited April 2012

• Korean first
Orlando, Florida
“Good Pho”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I very much liked the pho. Dung Gia was the only authentic Vietnamese place I could find for miles, and it lived up to its reported authenticity. The food was excellent, served as I expected. The bubble tea was different than I've usually had but just fine.

Visited January 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome Food for a great price !”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Small place with great food, service and price in the hearts of Des Plaine Downtown, try it out if you are a fan of Veitnamese food, and even if you are not, just go ahead and try it, I am sure you wouldn't regret. My wife wanted to try Veitnamese food, so I took her to this place, we ordered Annam Platter and fried rice in Clay pot. It was simply wow. I will definitely be going there again and try something else.

• Visited August 2011
Morton Grove, Illinois
“Very good Vietnamese food, good service, pleasant atmosphere, family-owned”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My wife and I ate there tonight for the first time. We've only eaten at three other Vietnamese restaurants, so we're relatively new to the cuisine. Looking through TripAdvisor, there's not exactly a flooding of Vietnamese places around, so I'm betting we're not the only ones new to it. This would be an excellent place to start. It's BYOB, which we always like. It's small and cozy, without being too small or cramped in any way. It's clean and felt authentic in atmosphere and food. We started off with the #20 sampler, and found it to be delightful, nicely spiced, with two sauces accompanying it. There was some heat to be had, and delightful new flavors to experience. Then we split a #48 Seafood with Wide Rice Noodles. The seafood was all fresh and perfectly cooked. The noodles could be considered toasted, which lent a flavor and crunch that we haven't experienced before in the Vietnamese/Chinese/Thai universe that we know. We thought it was delicious. The #52 Fried Rice in Clay Pot was also unique and delicious, with chicken, Vietnamese sausage (especially good!), ginger root, and shittake mushrooms. My wife wasn't overwhelmed with the quantity of food in each order, but I felt the quality and variety of flavors evident in each dish made Dung Gia a good value. I really would like to continue my exploration of Vietnamese cooking, and this restaurant will remain a part of my journey.

• Visited September 2011
Suburban Chicago
“Tasty vietnamese food”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Eat there often and usually get the spicy chicken with lemongrass (#58?), which is very spicy, or the Bun with Tofu (#8?). Consistently good quality. Fresh ingredients, very tasty. Service is usually pretty good and friendly. They have recently expanded and the atmosphere is much nicer now.