“Good breakfast choice”

Silver Stallion Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 186 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Reviewed 26 August 2013

On a Sunday morning when most breakfast places in the City had lines a mile long, we decided to have breakfast near the airport. Since I grew up in Des Plaines, and my mother was a regular here, I remembered the restaurant and thought it would be a good choice.

I guess everyone was still in church because 75% of the tables were empty. Those that were in attendance were elderly. Still, we greated warmly and had a young and friendly wait person. The service was great and the food came out very quickly. My wife and one son had fruity pancake concoctions that they enjoyed. My other son had french toast eggs and bacon and it was all gone. I had one of the skillets. It was good, but a little dry.

While you won't get anything state of the art here, judging from the elderly clientelle, you get an honest value and very friendly service.

They do have a private room in the back. We used it for lunch after my mother's memorial service 3 years ago and it worked out very well. As always, very friendly service.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

My family ate breakfast here while staying at the Best Western that is right next door. Service was great, coffee refills kept coming and the food was really good. If in town again we'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The silver Stallion is past its prime. They often run out of the daily special. They need a new chef with fresh ideas. They were once a go to place NOT any more.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Basically, I love the food here. Everytime I visit Des Plaines, Chicago I go to this nice restaurant.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Noise from the kitchen. Noise, Noise, Noise. Good server. Floor plan for tables not the best. Food was average and not bad.