“Neighborhood Bar”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Des Plaines
“Neighborhood Bar”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I am not a fan of the pizza or the clientele much, but the burgers and chicken fingers are pretty good. The chicken fingers are breaded chicken pieces and appear to be made there. They are better than out of the bag typical fingers you get in a bar. It is local. The service is pretty good.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jonathan J

bulmac
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I've heard of The Beacon Tap for years but never went. Last Monday night a bunch of us decided to meet up there. We had a great time! The food was great ( I had a burger) and the bartender was cheerful and accommodating. I wish I would have experience the establishment while their patio was open, but I guess there's always next summer. We will definitely return to this great little local bar.

1 Thank bulmac
Illinois
“Will never return to Beacon Tap”
Reviewed 12 June 2008

A comedy going from bad to worse. 1st, they were unable to transfer a tab from the bar to a table, had to pay twice for our visit. The Sam Adams beer tapper spouted nothing but foam, and after what seemed like 5 minutes of trying to draw a beer, I shouted over that another brand would be fine. She dumped out what little beer was in it, and filled the glass with Harp. Fine. Our food arrives after two different waitresses ask us what we'd like.

The shrimp platter, and a corned beef on rye. The shrimp was fine. The sandwich was soggy on the bottom; who knows what that liquid was; maybe water from a wet plate? The fries on our plates were brely warm, and also wilted soggy. 1 or two hot ones were on top. . .how'd they pull that off? We asked for some tartar sauce for the shrimp platter. That arrived, and was fine. The check arrived, and I saw an entry for quantity 1 food item added to our entree list. For .80 cents. I asked the server what it was for. . .she said for the tartar sauce..80 cents for tartar sauce. For s platter of fried shrimp She said she wanted just to bring it to us, but the manager insisted that we be charged for this condiment. How chincy and nickel and diming is that??? They didn't need my .80 for a stinkin condiment, that every other restaurant would supply at no charge, and usually without asking.
The waiteress and I looked at each other, knowing that it was BS. OK then. They got my .80. It also cost them any future business from me.

2 Thank RollerBall29

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Illinois
“THE hang out”
Reviewed 31 October 2006

Great lunches....burgers, IT Beer, pizza and more. Drink specials daily. Large outdoor patio with Volleyball. Ample parking. This is the place the locals go, and keep going.

1 Thank noshy1