“Center Of Attention”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
“Center Of Attention”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've been in and out of Chicago area for a numerous of times within the past 10 months. I must say that this hotel is quite magnificent. Not only this hotel has great values but also it's in the middle of it all. It is minutes from the O'Hare International Airport, Financial District, and Rivers Casino. Comparing to many hotels around where I have to pay to park even I stay there, it's complimentary here. It has great foods, and the atmosphere is excellent. It just make me no wanting to leave. The room is very clean. I took my baby girl almost everywhere and she always cried herself to sleep, yet she didn't cry one bit while we reside here for the past few days. This is my fourth time here. I'll definitely be back. This hotel wow me in every ways.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear CP413,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and the Hilton brand. We're honored to be your hotel of choice in the Chicagoland area. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel property and staff. From all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn, thank you for staying with us!

Hilton Garden Inn - Chicago O'Hare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Liberty Township, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is spotless, the staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet is exceptional. The pool and work out room really nice. Very close to airport but surprisingly quiet. Convenient to everything in Chicago. Water pressure for shower was better than home! Great variety of snacks in pantry.

Dear Cynthia B,

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your weekend getaway. We hope to welcome you back soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed one night, on Oct 24. Very clean, efficient, professional. Staff very attentive. Business center always available (In some hotels, kids monopolize the PCs.) Shuttle to O'Hare runs 24/7 on the hour and half-hour. Departed exactly on time with cheerful, helpful driver and was at O'Hare quickly--faster than I expected. Hot breakfast was excellent as a buffet, also to-order omelets. Very satisfied, excellent value. Will definitely use this Hilton if we are in Chicago.

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel property and staff on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is the second time we've used this hotel on landing from the UK at O'Hare and it was just as good as the first time. It may be a bit further out than some others, but it's only a few minutes more on a shuttle bus and you'd have to get one anyway. The room was well appointed and quiet, the beds comfortable, and there was ample good food to eat. But the really good thing about this time's stay was the way in which the hotel rescued us from a disastrous start to our tour. Being a bit jet lagged from the flight, I'd got the wrong shuttle to the wrong hotel on arrival; by the time we'd got the right one and arrived at the HGI, I'd lost my rucksack with all the crucial things in it like air and rail tickets, itinerary, cash, camera etc etc : I'd left it on the wrong shuttle. To the rescue came Nancy on front desk, who calmly took charge, tracked down the shuttle in question, got the rucksack transferred to their hotel, and called a taxi for me to pick it up. What a relief, and what service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Alex B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear railbuffs,

I was very pleased to read about your stellar experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us and other TripAdvisor.com members. I'll be sure to pass along your review and gratitude to Nancy. We hope you enjoyed your trip and look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful week!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel was clean, the staff were excellent everyone from the front desk, restaurant, shuttle service, housekeeping were friendly and helpful. We had a great time here. I came for a conference so the location was great as well.

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Our staff is very pleased you enjoyed your stay during the conference. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Have a wonderful week!

Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our experience with this hotel was extremely positive. From the Front Desk Personnel all the way through to the Wait Staff at our Reunion Dinner, the professionalism abounded. The food was excellent for the dinner and the accommodations were just what we needed. Good job Hilton Garden Inn

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor member,

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay! It sounds like the reunion was a great success with you and your fellow classmates. I'm glad you enjoyed the party and hope you had a chance to reconnect with some old friends. Have a wonderful week!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I am 33 and stayed with my girlfriend and another couple from Oct. 18th (fri) til Sunday. I'm from Minneapolis and just wanted to get away for the weekend. This is an excellent hotel with a very helpful and friendly staff.

Location: It is located just off of Hwy 294 and minutes from O'hare, right next to the Rivers Casino (about a 3 minute walk). They have a 24-hour shuttle that runs every ½ hour on the hour throughout the day, and can be requested with a simple phone call at night/off-peak hours. Driving into DT says it would take about 35 minutes, but taking into account traffic (which is busy at pretty much all hours of the day, every day of the week), it would probably take over an hour to get into DT. Therefore, we decided to take the train into DT. We used the shuttle to get to the train station (which is only about 5 minutes away), as well as for picking us up at the train station to get back to the hotel. I called them at 1am and they came to pick us up within minutes. The train/subway/metra (blue line) was $3.00 for a 1-way fare (which is good for 3 trips within 2 hours and includes transfers). The blue line will take you into the DT Chicago Loop, which is about a 45 minute ride. From there you can transfer to any of the other Lines. Our 1st stop was the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) Skydeck. Overall, it took us about an hour and 15 minutes to get from our hotel to Willis Tower (about a 2 block walk from the train stop). If you can time your transfer right, you can probably get there within an hour.

The Room: I stayed in a 2 Queen bed room on the 5th floor, with a view facing the Casino (south view). A little bit small, but well kept and clean. Free wireless, with all the essentials (alarm clock, iron/board, hairdryer, refrigerator, keurig coffee machine). Nothing out of the ordinary here and provided everything that we needed.

Service: Checking in was simple and easy! Gave them my name and got my key card within minutes. Staff was very helpful with simple answers to my questions about transportation (taking the train vs. driving, cab). They have a bar/restaurant right in the lobby area, with complimentary breakfast, as well as a pool/small waterpark, business center, conference/meeting rooms. One of the food/breakfast staff was extremely nice as well. I checked out just after 11am on Sunday and they had already taken down the coffee station. She noticed that I was looking to get coffee and asked me if I wanted some, even though they had already taken it down. I was pleasantly surprised as she went out of her way to the back kitchen and got me and my g/f a cup of coffee!

Overall: I would give this hotel a 5 out of 5 stars! Staff was amazing, room was excellent and clean, and the location is very convenient to public transportation! I would definitely stay again next time I’m in Chicago!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ricky W,

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com! We appreciate your attention to detail and hope you'll visit us again soon. From all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn, thank you for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
#5 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,123 reviews
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!