“Excellent service with a great breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Indianapolis, United States
“Excellent service with a great breakfast”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nice hotel with free parking that was pleasantly quiet even though it so close to the airport. The breakfast buffet was also very nice (additional cost / free for Hilton Gold and Diamond members). Like most Hilton Garden Inns it has a cook that can make eggs any way you like, omelets, pancakes, and waffles.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dan G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear Shashank,

I just wanted to write you to thank you for taking the time to post on our Tripadvisor page. We appreciate your feedback!

I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and amenities. Thank you again for staying with us. If I can be of personal assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hilton Garden Inn O'Hare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Valparaiso, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I highly recommend any of the Hilton brands as I have stayed in many of their hotels over the years including the Hilton Garden Inns, the Hampton Inns, the Embassy Suites and the Homewood Suites. Have always experienced high quality in each. Choose a Hilton next time you travel you will not be disappointed they have high standards for all their brands.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Linda,

Thank you again for staying with us at Hilton Garden Inn. If I can be of personal assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you have a wonderful day!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I’ve never rated a hotel one star, but this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I made a reservation at the hotel, and I arrived late in the evening. When I checked in, there was no one in line, and both of the guys at the front desk were busy doing something on the computer and never looked up at me. After several seconds, one of them finally said hello. I gave him my ID and credit card, and he couldn’t find my reservation. So I pulled up my confirmation on my phone, and he couldn’t be bothered to look at it. He finally said that he couldn’t find my reservation and the hotel was full. The worst part is that he was so smug and didn’t seem to care that I had nowhere to stay tonight – he didn’t offer any apologies, no alternatives, nothing. Not even a smile. It was like I was talking to a robot that had no emotion and only went through the processing steps. The guy wasn’t humane.

The hotel looked nice and the location was ok, but to me customer service is very important. And from reading the other one star reviews, they all complained about the awful service at this hotel. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dan G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear BoysInNY,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm extremely disappointed to read the way you were treated during your time in our hotel.

I'd be very interested to find out more information about your experience. I'd like to research this instance so that I can use it as a training tool for our staff. Our goal is to consistently improve our service and this would be a great coaching opportunity for our staff. In addition, I would like to ensure your satisfaction with Hilton Hotels, particularly our hotel. Please feel free to reach me directly at the information below or via a direct message through Tripadvisor. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

I look forward to speaking with you directly. Thank you again. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Daniel Garcia
847-296-8900
Rosemount, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel was clean, well staffed, comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We utilized the hotel shuttle to both the airport and the train station and never had to wait very long for service. The restaurant staff was attentive but the food was just average and, in my opinion, pricey. The portions were huge which isn't always a good idea while traveling.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Martha M
Dear Martha,

I will be more than happy to share your comments with the rest of our team! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I travel frequently and have stayed with this hotel numerous times over the past ten years working for a local company. The hotel is always clean and welcoming and rarely have I had an issue of any kind. Parking is free and the hotel has shuttle service to and from O'Hare. There is a casino less than a half mile away as well as many restaurants if you choose to dine out. The fitness room is adequate for a couple night stay and when the weather is nice there is plenty of sidewalk up and down River Rd as well as a local trail. Very consistent performance from this hotel and look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: Stay in a room on high floor away from stairs and elevator.
2 Thank akinney9
Patrick M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Akinney 9,

Thank you for taking the time to share the positive details about your experience at the hotel. I'll be more than happy to share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights. The bar and Grille staff is amazing.

The hotel is located really close to the O'Hare airport. A free shuttle is provided. The shuttle takes you to the Convention Center but not to the Allstate Arena. It also takes you to the train station and the fashion outlets.

To get downtown, take the Blue line towards Forest Park and get off at Washington.

The hotel is about 30 mins by train to "the bean", from there you can walk to Buckingham Fountain. Navy Pier isn't that far from he fountain but it's a good walk in the opposite direction to get there.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Terry J
Dear Terry J,

Thanks again
Stewartville, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice, clean, quiet hotel. The shuttle to and from the train station was a huge plus. Location next to a casino was also a plus for us. Rooms were very clean and fresh, and the beds were very comfortable. Will definately stay here again!

2 Thank Sue R
Dear Sue4 R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel staff and property on TripAdvisor.com!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
The Westin O'Hare
#5 of 18 in Rosemont
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!