“Close to O'Hare; A Step Above in the Price Class”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
USA
“Close to O'Hare; A Step Above in the Price Class”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Besides the newest bed linens and cotton comforters on the beds, the rooms are nicely cleaned and the staff is very professional. There is a casino next door and a small park called Axehead Lake about three blocks from the hotel that is ideal for a quick walk or jog between or after meetings. There is clearly a bias toward business meetings at the hotel and overnight travelers who want to get to and from O'Hare but clearly this is wonderful choice for value and convenience. The hotel food is average but the portions for room service are huge for dinner. Two people can easily split one meal and the chicken schnitzel is quite good. Although I cannot rate this hotel 5 star compared to many wonderful places, they do very well in their price class and I would choose it over comparable places every time because of the staff.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty similar and non-descript but the elevators are not in the middle so if you...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dlsmissionary
Dan G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear dismissionary,

Thank you for your kind words! I'll be sure to share them with the staff. I appreciate you staying with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Safe travels,

Dan Garcia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Flossmoor
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We needed to stay near the city. However, we did not want to pay more than $150. This hotel was just great. The staff was welcoming, even at 12:00 AM when we arrived. The room was very nice and the breakfast was "wonderful." We used the shuttle to get to the train saving us at least $40 in parking fees. The shuttle also picked us up from the airport train station at 2:00 am, after spending the day downtown. I would recommend this hotel for anyone with kids, traveling for business, or who just wants a Staycation. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the breakfast included with the room. Call ahead for the shuttle if you are coming in after 11:0...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sunnyvale
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is really good for the price you pay, just a 25-30 min drive from Chicago downtown, this place is good for both leisure and business, they have free shuttle service to and from airport. Breakfast is available for $13.99 which seems like a good deal for a nice breakfast buffet. Parking is free if you have a car. Room are very nice with no smell and house keeping was very good too.

We forgot our toothbrush kit and shaving kit and the hotel was happy to provide us one for free

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debarshi K
jwildman68
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and everything was perfect. From check in to check out, the staff was always attentive and asking if everything was going well.
I had breakfast a few times but no dinner there. However, others in my group had dinner and commented that it was very good. The breakfast was great. The wait staff were attentive. The prices for breakfast were in line with most hotels which I consider high $13+. The cost of the rooms for the location were in line.
There was an excellent Shuttle Service provided to the Airport, Restaurant area and entertainment. It also took you to the train station so you could get to downtown Chicago.
This is an excellent alternative to staying in downtown Chicago.

Room Tip: They were all pretty much the same and the view is average from all rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jwildman68
Richmond
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was in the area for business and picked this hotel. I was very pleased with that choice. Clean room, comfortable and clean bed, friendly and helpful staff. It was a very relaxing stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank WDavid_T
Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Can not remember a better hotel for the money. Got a great deal on a discount booking site. The free parking and free shuttle to the. L-train are the main reason we booked, but we were happy with everything!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Wendy M
Dear Wendy,

I will be more than happy to share your comments with the rest of our team! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you again for staying with us. Have a great day!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Usa
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Rosemont Hilton Garden Inns was a great experience. They provided great service, family friendly and quite. It is close to the airport and allows easy access. They provide parking and shuttle service to the airport. I would definitely go back to this location and I would definitely go to other Hilton Garden Inns. As A hilton honors member I received bottles of water for myself and my family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank R R
Dear R R,

I just wanted to write you to thank you for taking the time to respond to our on-line survey. We appreciate your feedback!

Thank you again for staying with us. If I can be of personal assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
The Westin O'Hare
#5 of 18 in Rosemont
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!