and 1 more site!
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed in a renovated room, the furniture and bed are top notch, the kitchen gets the job done. Staying next to the airport you would expect noise, but the noise was very little. Taking the complimentary van to the airport terminal was a nice bonus as we made a reservation for 4pm showed up at 4:05pm and the van waited for us, it's little things like that, that makes a stay enjoyable. This is not a Hilton, but you are not paying Hilton prices either, but what really made the stay was the quality of the employees, from the maintenance man showing up within 10 min to fix a problem, to the help/friendliness from the front desk to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Brian - Thank You for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read the remarks about our friendly staff. As well, I am so glad that the entire team was able to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. We truly enjoyed having you visit!

Your feedback is very important to us so thank you for sharing your kind comments if you have any additional feedback please reach out to me at coh@extendedstay.com. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texarkana, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I am staying in this hotel from past 4months. I travel every week on business purpose and stay in this hotel. Every week there is one or other problem( Air conditioner doesn't work, Sink doesn't drain, Bathroom pit doesn't drain, Door doesn't have proper lock, Last week i saw a big insect in the room- I was so scared). The maintaience is very poor. I will never going back to this hotel. Also the price of the room is expensive for a 2 star hotel. It's not worthy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sunny D
England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Prices here are higher than than the hotel next door , touting itself as the deluxe version , but the service here is very poor. All the front desk staff I met with seemed perturbed when asked simple questions about amenities, night and day.
The coffee at times was not available when due. When asking for a coffee refill I was greeted with annoyance.
On checking out i had i was 30 minutes late, Despite a call to warn the front desk to my lateness to collect my bags, i was charged an extra day! I've stayed at both hotels (North and South ) and the South/Deluxe is not worth the extra money.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FileA5Fogg
Greater Cleveland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

If you're a business traveler looking not looking to be pampered, this will work for you. You can cook using some limited cookware that could probably use a deep cleaning. The office desk chair had a unidentified white substance all over it so I covered it in towels before using it. The bed had a hair under the on the sheet. The The leather chair and couch were nice. It was cool that the television could be angled toward the bedroom or the living room area. The bathroom was pretty good. This location is relatively close to the Rivers Casino. There is a breakfast period where some coffee is out with some granola bars to grab. They have a policy of making you turn in used towels to get new ones. I am not sure what the purpose of that is. It looks like the manager guy will comment on that.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our team and addressing your issues. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at rmorris@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

The staff was very friendly, and check in was quick and easy. The manager Ms. Mendez was very helpfull in accomodating my room request and very polite. The rooms were spacious and clean. highly recommend stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor were very cozy and quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mike s
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you received excellent service and that you liked the room layout. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I was extremely impressed with how well I was received at the front desk at check in. The clerk went out of her way to recommend places in the area. Within minutes of getting to our room, directions to a local restaurant that was recommended to us was slid under our door. The room was very spacious and had everything that we needed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a pleasant stay here in Chicago. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bursa, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Its been nearly 3 week that i am staying this hotel. Fairly satisfactory. Helpful stay and goods rates for extended stays...
Overall cleaning and quiteness is good. Even tough so close to the Airport, planes do not bother you since the soundproof system is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quiter
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lmendez86, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you for your nice review of our property. My entire staff strives to make every guests stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest news is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at an affordable price. We look forward to seeing you back again in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago O’Hare - Allstate Arena? Share your experiences!