“Great price and proximity to O'Hare”
Review of Comfort Inn O'Hare

Comfort Inn O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I, along with a few thousand others, was a "distressed" traveler on April 10th because of weather. I called the hotel for a rate and climbed into the shuttle, only to find that all of the other passengers had received a much better rate. The front desk staff recognized that as all of the guests were in the same situation, it was the right thing to honor the lower rate for me as well. Very professional. The hotel is right next to a decent restaurant and perfect for the price and proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 April 2013

It's an ok place to sleep after missing a flight (as it happened to me). Rooms were outdated but clean and the shuttle to the airport was fairly efficient. They offer a complimentary breakfast which was very convenient since there are no places to eat in the neighbourhood save for an old diner. Wifi worked well.

Overall a decent place to stay for one night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Thelma K
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Comfortable and pleasant stay. We stayed 3 nights. The breakfast was good..not many choices but whatever was served was good, fresh, and to the mark. The room was neat and clean and room service was also good as they replaced towels and even the complimentary coffee. Liked the fact that even though we were a bit early they checked us in without any hassles. The lady who looks after the breakfast service (im sorry I didn’t get her name) was very nice and very attentive .i.e. she kept checking and refilling the stuff and also checking on a few elderly guests.

Room Tip: good location
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had to stay here when my flight out of O'Hare was cancelled. I got in really late and was able to catch the free shuttle to the hotel from O'Hare. The driver didn't say much (even when I directly asked him a few questions), so I assumed maybe he didn't speak a lot of English, but then someone walked up to talk to him about plans for later. He spoke freely. But we got to the hotel safely (the driving was a bit erratic, but I have been to Chicago and that seems to be the norm).

Considering how late I got in, I wasn't sure how nice the desk clerk would be, but they were extremely polite and helpful, even giving me a late night eating suggestion. He even arranged my early morning shuttle back to the airport.

The room was clean and except for some of the fixtures in the bathroom needing to be reattached, I was okay with most things. There was quite a bit of wait for hot water which was annoying that time of night.

Rooms all have interior entrances which is good. My room faced houses and backyards. Not sure what the other rooms have a view of though. The next morning, the elevators were broken which may have been due to the storm since the floors were wet and some other issues (dripping) were going on as well.

The breakfast was more than I expected (I figured at the most some bagels and juice). There were eggs, waffles, sausage, etc and it was pretty good. My shuttle was a bit late due to the horrible weather in the city (the same thing that delayed and cancelled flights) and before I could remark on the time, the front desk clerk had already looked into it and let me know the driver was on the way.

One odd thing...my driver was odd and seemed to be a little reckless (we ran into a median and had several cars honk at us as he changed lanes without looking). I did get to the airport on time so I guess that was the most important thing to him.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pepper899
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights when my flights got messed up due to delays. The room was acceptable and very comfortable. The front desk staff got a whole group of people all at once (mainly off my late arrival international flight) and managed to get through everyone very efficiently and with a good attitude.

The breakfast was great my first morning, but seemed to be lacking the second morning. Several things were broken or simply not out yet (it was early, but the room was opened and a handful of people were there).

The shuttle to and from the airport worked great. This place definitely served it's purpose very well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gate1b
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We chose this hotel for park, sleep, fly as we coulod leave our car parked for 14 nites with no additional charge. Other hotels were charging around $10 for additional nites over a week. The room was comfortable and clean. Asked for early wake up call and it was prompt. Since we took the 6:10 a.m. shuttle, they told us that their complimentary breakfast opened up at 6 a.m. and we quickly went in to grab a donut which turned out to be quite large and looked like from the local bakery. We were the only ones on shuttle to airport and arrived promptly. On return flight, I did not even have to call them as the shuttle was right outside the door and again we were the only ones on return shuttle. The driver was very frienly and suggested we stop by the breakfast room to get a cup of coffee since we had a 2 hour drive ahead of us and it was late at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackshouse
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was completely lost trying to find the shuttle bus on the way back. Jane stayed on the phone with me for 20 minutes until I found it and the driver waited 40 minutes for me. Unbelievable service this day in age. My room was very clean and fairly modern. I didn't experience any smoke smell or loud noises. I would recommend this hotel for the business traveler using the park n fly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare

Been to Comfort Inn O'Hare? Share your experiences!