“Lots of road noise, otherwise average”
Review of Comfort Inn O'Hare

Comfort Inn O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Austin, Texas
“Lots of road noise, otherwise average”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My flights were delayed through ORD and I had to quickly find a hotel to stay at overnight. After finally finding the shuttle bays at the airport, I took the shuttle to the hotel. The driver exhibited moderate road rage, at one point speeding to catch up with a driver to yell at him through the window. The hotel had active construction in the lobby, despite it being 9pm. It wasn't separated off at all from the guests. The room was just ok...a little dingy actually. The bathroom was half-updated, half-not. Breakfast should have been ok, but was poorly stocked. Eventually some food was replenished and it ended up being ok. I couldn't find any water to drink if they had it. When stocked, they had scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, pancake maker, etc. I don't consider myself a light sleeper, but my room faced the highway and was fairly loud and picked up fairly early (before 6am). I used the "business center' which was really an unused hotel room with the door removed. It was being used primarily for storage, so there were various spare doors and cleaners I stepped over to print out my boarding pass. The only thing that stood out positively were the desk clerks who checked us in. They were efficient and pleasant particularly when faced with a shuttle full of passengers who had arrived at one time after flight cancellations. The hotel is also priced competitively. It's fine if you're stranded at O'Hare but I wouldn't seek this hotel out otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let TripAdvisor know about your recent stay at Comfor Inn O'Hare. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your unsatisfactory experience does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. Please accept our heartfelt apology for the discomfort you experienced. Please be assured your issues have been raised with our Management Team and appropriate action has been taken. We do our best to excel in service at our hotel and prevent problems from recurring. Your comments are valuable to us, and much appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Spent one night at the Comfort Inn-O'Hare. Very convenient location just off I-294. Older hotel, clean but in need of an update. Staff very friendly. Hot breakfast was standard for Comfort Inns.
One negative - very small parking lot. One positive - my friend and I were attending a hockey game at the Allstate Arena in Rosemount - about 1.5 miles from the hotel. The courtesy van dropped us off in Target's lot just across the street from the arena and picked us up at the same spot within 5 minutes of our call after the game. Saved us $15 in parking fees!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let Tripadvisor know you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your very kind positive feedback with my staff.
You can be sure we will use your kind words to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
We do hope to see you again, and be your Hotel of choice any time you are in our area.
Remington, Indiana
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for the first time in February 2014 during a snowstorm we parked our car and left it here and flew to California and picked it up to weeks later. The rooms were excellent and clean the breakfast was very good and everything that we got there we felt was very well worth the money. We highly recommend this location and this place as a Good spot for anyone using park and fly from O'Hare airport.

There is a restaurant very near fact on practically the same property we recommend that very highly to everyone also.

Room Tip: Just be nice to them and they will be nice to you
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn O'Hare, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for taking the timne to comment via Tripadvisor with such positive feedback for our hotel and staff.
I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad to know you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you happen to be in our area.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We first stayed here, leaving Chicago in late evening via I-294. GPS was helpful as it takes a couple of loops to get there. In-bound on 294 this time, there is no exit at Touhy and access was trickier yet. It can be accessed from I-94, but I would stay in Arlington Heights instead.
The hotel, itself, is a nice, typical Comfort Inn. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful, the king room spacious and nicely furnished with wash basin separate from toilet and tub/shower. There is a nice, well-equipped exercise room. The breakfast area was designed for the purpose, spacious with typical hot and cold selections. There is a good, inexpensive restaurant next door. The price is low for the area, even with the recently added $5 parking fee. It is especially good for locals flying from O'Hare, more than drivers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so sorry to know that you had access issues driving from I-294. Unfortunately that is a condition we have no control over. However, we are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We would welcome the opportunity to provide you with the same pleasant accommostions and service any time our area would be convenient for you.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is old. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. Our tub did not drain well while showering and the toilet didn't flush well either. Continental breakfast was decent just like all the other comfort inns. Pet friendly which was very nice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for the faulty drain in the bathtub and the toilet that would not flush properly. I have share your feedback with our General Manager and our Maintenance Engineer to ensure we correct these issues immediately. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.
Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate your comments, and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit with us.
Harshaw, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 March 2014

At this Comfort Inn you really can park, sleep and fly from O'Hare for the price of your hotel room. Free shuttle, decent hot breakfast, large rooms, and a really competent front desk staff - I watched them check in 8 guests in about 8 minutes. Awesome! When you are already a bit nervousness about you're flying experience, it is really nice to have things work as planned - and this hotel exceeded my expectations.

Tip: Make a reservation as much inAdvance as possible - this place fills up fast if there are flast minute flight cancellations out of O'Hare.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with our staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we would welcome the opportunity to be at your service any time you might be in our area.
Leipsic, Ohio
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We paid for the Park and Fly option. The ride to the airport was great but when we returned they failed to come and get us even after I called to let them know we arrived and had a lost bag to deal with. I tried for approx. 45 min. to call the hotel and they did not pick up. I even called a neighboring Comfort Inn and asked them to call Touhy, they did to no avail. We ended up getting a taxi to get back to the hotel, which costs us $40. The desk clerk acknowledge my first phone call yet failed to realize that AFTER AN HOUR we still weren't there!! Needless to say, after traveling all day with 5 tired kids and looking at a 4 hour drive home in a snow storm, I was not impressed!! Also, when we booked, we were told we could have adjoining rooms with the kids and upon arrival, were told none of the rooms were adjoining. As far as overall condition of the property, I would rate it fair at best. I left my phone # for a manager to call us, have yet to hear from anyone and it has been almost a month.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Allow me to apologize for failing to meet your expectations regarding our front desk staff. In their defense, I need to let you know that our phone lines were interrupted for a period of about 45 minutes and we did have an inordinate number of guests checking in. This does not excuse your discomfort, but hopefully will give you a clearer picture of the circumstances. It is never our intention to jeopardize the convenience of our guests and again we are very sorry you were distressed.

Travellers are raving about these Des Plaines hotels

Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Comfort Inn O'Hare? Share your experiences!