“Comfortable bed, so-so resturant”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Detroit, Michigan
“Comfortable bed, so-so resturant”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The rooms are nice and clean, well supply of toiletries, good heating and cooling. The breakfast resturant though is lacking. Bland food with a limited self serve selection. Nice guest laundry for the road warrier...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
KaiChow, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 25 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing these valuable feedbacks.

We have communicated your compliments to the Housekeeping and Maintenance Teams and they are most appreciative.

The Food & Beverage Team will look into the breakfast offerings to enhance both variety and quality. Besides the buffet breakfast, restaurant also offers an A La Carte menu for guests.

I believe you may not have known and I sincerely apologize. We shall make sure guests are offered the option of an A La Carte menu in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Please do not hesitate to call me if I can be of any assistance.

Best Regards.

1450 Eats Touhy Raod
Ph: 847-296-8866

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My daughter and another girl that were in the same room, slept on the sleeper sofa. My daughter has bug bites on her neck and was only bitten when sleeping on the mattress of the sleeper sofa. Her friend was not so lucky, she would lie on the couch and get bitten by what ever bug was biting the girls.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience your daugther and her friend experienced during their recent stay at the hotel.

We are extremely critical in maintaining the safety, secuirty and well-being of our guests while at the hotel. The incident of bed bugs bites on a sleeper sofa is of concern to the hotel.

I would be much appreciated if you are able to provide us with a contact email so I can contact you directly to look into this matter. You can contact me directly at: kchow@ohareradisson.com.

We will have our pest control service vendor look into this concern as soon as we have room details, despite a pest control program in place for the entire hotel.

I am looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson Des Plaines on Friday July 29, 2011. We booked on Priceline feel that because we booked on Priceline, we were treated like second class citizens by this hotel. We were given a handicapped room. The room was OK but the bathroom was terrible. There was a porcelain sink instead of a vanity. There were grab bars all over the place. The guy at the front desk made a comment about booking on Priceline. This hotel was not very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

I apologize for the way you were treated at the hotel. While our guest services team continues to deliver the same consistent friendly and helpful service to all guests, this incident is one we shall investigate and avoid in the future.

The assignment of an ADA room for your stay is most regrettable. The layout and facilities in an ADA room is constructed differently than a normal room. Therefore, certain expectations of a normal hotel room is unavailable for your enjoymment.

I am looking forward to hearing from you on your specific experience on Priceline and please email me at: kchow@ohareradisson.com.

Your feedbacks will help us continue to deliver the expected high quality guest services provided to all guests.

Thank you.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We booked the Radisson for the 14 night free parking while on an international trip. The free parking paid for itself (it would've been more $$$ just to park the car at a lot than to stay at the hotel and park for free). So it was a great value.

The hotel itself was very clean. The room was average, maybe a bit worn in a few spots, but perfectly clean. There was what seemed like a party a few doors down, but we did not hear anything inside the room. We had a toddler with us, and were put in the last room at the end of the hallway - exactly where we want to be with a baby. I can always tell good hotel management when that happens....its simply good planning to me when families with babies are isolated from everyone else - baby can sleep, and everyone else avoids crying :) I am sure its luck sometimes when it happens, but I always just credit hotel management.

The free shuttle was nice. A little slow from the international terminal, but quick (and busy) to the other terminals.

We parked in the back lot, which appeared to be a safe place to park for 2 weeks unattended. They give you a slip of paper to stick in your dash window, and instruct you to park in certain areas. No issues with the car and/or parking.

Overall, for the value and the free parking, I would recommend this hotel to anyone flying out of O'Hare.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments!

The feedbacks you have provided will help us to continue deliver our highest quality of guest service. We take pride in taking care of all guest needs while away from their home.

I shall convey your compliments to our associates which they will appreciate very much.

As to the room you occupied, I apologize that the in-room facilities did not meet with your expectations. Our maintenance team will look into the quality of work done in guest rooms and make sure that rooms completely pass our quality assurance check before there are put back in inventory.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at: kchow@ohareradisson.com, if I can be of any assistance on your next visit.

Again, thank you for taling time to provide these valuable feedbacks and compliments.

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is a very nice hotel but beware, booking online is much cheaper then booking at the desk! It can save you a lot of money if you book online. So we did. And after that we had a wonderful stay here. The beds were amazing (got to love SleepNumber beds!), the staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedbacks and compliments!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit.

Our associates take pride in consistently delivering high quality guest services by providing availability, functionality and cleanliness for all guests regardless of the source of booking.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Thank you.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Everything was perfectly fine about this hotel - clean, comfortable, friendly staff - except one thing I consider essential - soundproofing. The walls were so thin that one can hear the conversation or TV in the next room almost as if it was in your own. Part of the problem is that the rooms have unused metal doors leading to each other, and the sound carries through the doors. In order to get a good night's sleep, I had to run the fan all night to block out the next door neighbors who seemed to stay up past reasonable waking time.

Room Tip: ask for a room next to one that's unoccupied!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank vladb
JimConway, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Dear Guest,

My sincerest of apologies for the noise you experienced during your stay. The room you were assigned happened to be connecting/adjoining room. I will certainly have our Engineering Team take a look and see what can be down to get better soundproofing. Our standard guest rooms do not have the connecting doors inbetween guest rooms, therefore, do not have the same problem. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you in the future.

Jim Conway
Post Mills
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I was impressed that Jim replied to the comments on this site. I emailed the site before our stay explaining that we were coming for our anniversary trip. Jim responded, and we talked about our plans to use the train to go into Chicago each day. He was open and honest about the fact that the Radisson O'Hare is mainly geared to O'Hare commuters, and the trip via shuttle and train would take around 1 hr 15 min each way. That was OK, because thanks to his honesty, I knew what to expect. He provided us with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in honor of our anniversary, and called our room to make sure everything was OK once we arrived. The effort he put into making our stay a great experience made all the difference. I was delighted with our stay, and would highly recommend this hotel, especially to O'Hare commuters - free shuttles run 2X /hr - 24/7 - very convenient, especially when catching a 6AM return flight !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
JimConway, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Thank you very much for the kind words. Our staff is happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Jim Conway
#17 of 18 in Rosemont
Edward Hotel Chicago
Edward Hotel Chicago
#18 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!