Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hyatt Rosemont(Rosemont)
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn O'Hare(Des Plaines)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrivers casinostandard courtyardclose to the airporthour and half hourpark and flythe shuttle drivero'hare airporthotel shuttlean early flightwould stay here againbusiness tripbeds were comfortableblue linelobbychicagodowntownord
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Had to make a last minute trip to Chicago and decided to give this hotel a try. Got a good rate two days before my stay. The hotel is conveniently located close to O'Hare. I had a rental car but the shuttle was readily available the two times I ventured out of my room. Really nice bed and modern furnishings. It really looks like every other Courtyard property I have stayed at. The customer service was outstanding at both check-in and check-out. And they have a nice terminal to print your boarding pass for your flight out of O'Hare (I skipped the very long line at the airport!). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We are always excited to receive feedback from TripAdvisor's "Top Contributors" such as yourself. we were glad to read that your experience with us was a positive one and look forward to your return in the near future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

On a recent family vacation, we had a flight cancelled out of O'Hare and got to spend the night at this beautiful hotel. As we have come to expect, our room was spacious and comfortable and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We got to the hotel later in the evening and the woman working in the bistro made us custom ordered sandwiches that were the best food we had on our vacation. The room was spotlessly clean. The tv was large, new and there were many channels offered. The bathroom was great and had the very convenient sink with huge mirror outside of the actual bathroom which is super convenient when you have multiple woman staying in a room! (One can be in the shower and one can be getting ready at the sink at the same time!) The only complaint I have has to do with the shuttle system from the airport. When we arrived, we were told which door to wait at and that the shuttle would come every half an hour or so. We got to the door and waited and sure enough in about 5 minutes the shuttle arrived. The driver parked for about 10 seconds (we were in a crowd waiting in the heat since it was freezing) and before we could even get to the door the driver took back off. We ended up having to wait another 45 minutes for the driver to come back (which is very confusing as he had no passengers from the airport to take back to the hotel) He left a group of about 7 or 8 of us standing in the building because we weren't fast enough to get to him. This was very frustrating. The shuttle drivers from the other hotels all parked the shuttles, came in and yelled the name of the hotel they were with to make sure everyone got on. The shuttle driver on our way back to the airport the next morning (different driver) was very friendly and helpful but had the worst language I've ever heard. I didn't realize so many expletives could fit into a sentence. We didn't appreciate that. This did not take away from how pleased we were with the hotel experience, just felt it should be mentioned.

Room Tip: We had a 2-queen room and it was very spacious with a large desk, comfortable chairs, mini-fridge, and 40+ inch tv!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for sharing your comments and your experience with us and our TripAdvisor Friends. Please accept my apologies regarding the service you received from our driver - I will personally share your feedback with them so that we may avoid another incident of this nature.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We're in town to visit family during the holidays. The hotel is located very close to the airport and you can hear planes coming and going. The room is pleasant and adequate size. It's a basic room with king size bed, compact fridge, sliding door to patio. Pros: free wired and wireless internet, free parking, fast check-in, check out, sofa, good location but no restaurant at walking distance except the casino next to it. Cons: lumpy bed, uncomfortable and small pillows, toilet and tub/shower in one room, very expensive and mediocre cafe at the lobby. The room price is actually the same as others in the area so we would probably try the others next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We appreciate your comments and hope you will think of us again on your next visit to the area,
Warm regards

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I recently stayed a night at the O'Hare Courtyard to avid the down town prices on my first night, on one level it was ideal as I was able to get in, eat, do mail (free internet), and get a good night rest. The challenge is the hour into the city in the morning, but I'd have had it anyway had I arrived on a morning flight as initially planned. The only drawback was the hour taxi into the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Review on your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare, it's always great to receive feedback from TripAdvisor's "Top Contributors". We were glad to read that your stay was a productive one despite the commute into the city. Sometimes the traffic in Chicago can be a bit challenging.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

A-ok about sums up this location - it's an older property located near the Allstate Arena and O'Hare, so you know the rooms get a good amount of churn.

Rooms - recently refreshed, but very small for a suburban location. "Old school" layout with the sink outside the bathroom. Decent hairdryer and good lighting in the vanity area.

Amenities - there is an on-site restaurant that serves dinner and breakfast, as well as a small 24-hour pantry. Free airport shuttle every half hour.

Location - depends. If you want to be near the airport, or arena, it's great. It's not really close to much else other than the casino next door. No real restaurants within walking distance either, so you'll need a car.

Sleep Quality: pretty good with caveats. I couldn't hear my neighbors and the air-con was reasonably quiet. The hotel is located on I294 and close to O'Hare so you WILL hear road/plane noise. Bring earplugs.

Staff - depends. The guy who checked me in? Great - super friendly. The check out guy + shuttle driver? Not so much. I guess they don't put the A-Team on at 4am.

Overall - it's a "good enough" Courtyard.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Traveler,
It's always great to receive a review from one of TripAdvisor's Top Contributors, your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Most of our guest choose our location because of our proximity to the airport and or for the ease in which they can still travel into the city for business or pleasure. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to visit our new Outlet Mall or any of the any of the outstanding restaurants and entertainment venues located less than two miles away from us. We hope you will return to experience them first hand, no need to rent a vehicle our shuttle can drop you off and pick you back up.
I promise you will receive the " A - Team" experience no matter when you check in or depart!
Thanks again for choosing Marriott!
Warm regards