“Great service close to the airport”

Courtyard Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Great service close to the airport”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were just stopping over after a long haul flight. The pick-up service was great and the driver gave us a great commentary. Comfortable bed and good sized room with all facilities. The rooms at the far end are a little noisy. Close to lots of eating options and good Wi-fi. We appreciated being able to check-in and print our next day flight details.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arandee
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Arandee,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'hare. We were glad to read that your stay was a pleasant one and that you got a chance to explore some of the other dining options the area has to offer.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
All the best!
Ed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The rooms are nice. The food is... well. I went down to the "Bistro" on my first night and had the thai "wings". They were awful. I woke up on day two and could not find any prices for the breakfast menu. I went out to a local restaurant.
Last night I called the front desk at about 1:00am and reported some kind of disturbance or fight in the hallway and the woman said they were sending security to deal with it. It went on for about an hour after I called. This morning I looked again for prices for the menu for the "Bistro". No reference in the room regarding prices. I called the front desk and they offered to quote me a price for a particular item. I'm on my way out the door to go to a local restaurant where they know how to interface with potential customers.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not facing the Major Highway about 50 feet from a window that seems to amplify th...
Green Features: They seemed to have saved a bunch of money by not making menus for their in-house restaurant that are available in the rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. I apologize for your recent experience with our bistro, as well as your experience with finding the bistro menu. We will take your experience, and work diligently on improving our service so this experience does not occur again. We work extremely hard to best serve our guests, so we thank you for expressing your concerns to us. If you have any other questions or concerns that I could further assist you with, please feel free to contact the hotel directly. Thank you for choosing Marriott!!
Warm regards,
Adam Bailes
Operations Supervisor
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2014

When I got to Chicago I wanted to just drop my bags and head to the Sears tower. The shuttle driver just took care of it for me. I didn't even have to get of the shuttle. He dropped me off at the train and picked me up later that night. When I went to check in we realized I was at the wrong hotel! He then took me to hotel I was supposed to be at. I don't remember his name but he was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tevin M
Dear Tevin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our followers on TripAdvisor. We were glad to read that your visit with us was an enjoyable one and we look forward to your return in the near future.
All the best,
Ed
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent hotel to stay at by O'Hare airport, Chicago. The 'River' casino is next door for entertainment, the subway is close by with parking or you can get a shuttle bus from either the hotel or the casino. The rooms are very comfortable, the swimming pool/hot tub area is great, the outside courtyard is very nice, and the staff is very helpful. We would definitely stay there again -

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare with our TripAdvisor friends. We were thrilled to read that you and your family had a great experience and that you enjoyed some of the amenities our hotel has to offer while you were here.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice hotel, good AC, beds and facilities. Many restaurants nearby and a casino next door. Some road noise but not bad. Airplane noise minimal. Convenient to Blue or L line train to get downtown. You can park at Rosemont only a mile from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. It's always great to receive positive comments from TripAdvisor's "Top Contributors". We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the city. We look forward to your return in the near future.
All the best,
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel several years and it was ok. Saw the reviews for the park n fly and decided to stay here again. I was told by 2 different Marriott reservation people on the phone that I could use points to book the hotel night and pay for the "reserved" parking. I asked both Marriott reservation people that the parking would be reserved. They said yes. This was important because both reps said that the parking can sell out. They encouraged me to book soon if I wanted the parking. The parking was an extra $10 per night.

So I booked the hotel. When I printed the reservation confirmation, I did not see anything about the parking. I called the hotel and they said that a note was on my reservation about the parking BUT it was not reserved. If they sold out of the parking spaces, then I would be out of luck. There was no "reserved parking". I spoke to the manager and was told the same thing. The lame excuse was that then other people would use points and get parking. The parking is NOT FREE , it still costs $10 per day. The people at the hotel were not very polite and kept asking me if I wanted to pay for the Park n Fly room which costs about $250 . I said no.

So if you are doing Park n Fly at this hotel, make sure that they are actually going to reserve a parking space for you.

Room Tip: Double check on Park n Fly - they don';t have reserved parking
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback and making us aware of the situation you experienced in regards to our parking. We do apologize for the confusion & regret that you were given inconsistent information, especially considering you had spoken to multiple representatives. Due to the size of our parking lot and normal volume of vehicles that come through our lot, it is necessary that we set limits on spaces available for long term use and have established a park and fly package in response to our guests' concerns. The ability to add parking to an existing reservation is based upon availability. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or need any assistance.
Thank you for choosing Marriott! Hope to see you soon!
Adam Bailes
Operations Supervisor
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived without reservations and were promptly checked in by very friendly staff. We were able to enjoy dinner at the small bistro in the lobby. Our room was clean and comfortable.When our TV in our room was not working someone came to fix it withing 5 minutes! If we are in the area again we will stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. We were thrilled to read that your experience with us was a positive one. We look forward to accommodating you again on your next visit to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport

Been to Courtyard Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!