“Great Stay During Class!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chicago O'Hare

Courtyard Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Great Stay During Class!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The staff was wonderful and beautiful hotel. From every desk clerk to the event specialist, bistro employees. It was a home away from home and I enjoyed everyday of my stay. Ed really leads well and has a wonderful place. If I am ever in the area again. I will return. Food was delicious as well. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Room Tip: Just ask and they are willing to accomodate you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Evelyn,
Thank you for the great TripAdvisor Review and for allowing us to be your "home away from home" while you were traveling. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you back to the area.
Ed Brunt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Pound, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel was very easy to get to off the highway. Free wi-fi is always a plus. We arrived late and left early to meet family for breakfast so did not use the Bistro for food so I can't speak as to the quality of the Bistro food at this location, but it is very good at other Courtyard hotels. Beds were comfortable and shower water pressure was so good I almost had to turn it down. We could hear planes overhead, but they were not loud enough to affect our ability to get a good night's rest. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare with us and our friends using TripAdvisor. Sometimes a good night's sleep is all you need! We’re glad you and your family had a great experience and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Chicagoland area.
Bloomington, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had to catch early flight and drove from southern illinois to catch 6 am flight. Arrived at midnight and wad greeted by great front desk. Checked in and was in room and sleeping 30 min after arrival. Nice bed quiet room and clean. Easy to get to airport.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare with our TripAdvisor Friends. It was a pleasure to read that you found our hotel to be conveniently to the airport and that you were able to get a good night’s sleep before starting your trip.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Blenheim, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were just stopping over after a long haul flight. The pick-up service was great and the driver gave us a great commentary. Comfortable bed and good sized room with all facilities. The rooms at the far end are a little noisy. Close to lots of eating options and good Wi-fi. We appreciated being able to check-in and print our next day flight details.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arandee
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Arandee,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'hare. We were glad to read that your stay was a pleasant one and that you got a chance to explore some of the other dining options the area has to offer.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Ed
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The rooms are nice. The food is... well. I went down to the "Bistro" on my first night and had the thai "wings". They were awful. I woke up on day two and could not find any prices for the breakfast menu. I went out to a local restaurant.
Last night I called the front desk at about 1:00am and reported some kind of disturbance or fight in the hallway and the woman said they were sending security to deal with it. It went on for about an hour after I called. This morning I looked again for prices for the menu for the "Bistro". No reference in the room regarding prices. I called the front desk and they offered to quote me a price for a particular item. I'm on my way out the door to go to a local restaurant where they know how to interface with potential customers.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not facing the Major Highway about 50 feet from a window that seems to amplify th...
Green Features: They seemed to have saved a bunch of money by not making menus for their in-house restaurant that are available in the rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Adam B, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor Review of your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare. I apologize for your recent experience with our bistro, as well as your experience with finding the bistro menu. We will take your experience, and work diligently on improving our service so this experience does not occur again. We work extremely hard to best serve our guests, so we thank you for expressing your concerns to us. If you have any other questions or concerns that I could further assist you with, please feel free to contact the hotel directly. Thank you for choosing Marriott!!
Warm regards,
Adam Bailes
Operations Supervisor
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

When I got to Chicago I wanted to just drop my bags and head to the Sears tower. The shuttle driver just took care of it for me. I didn't even have to get of the shuttle. He dropped me off at the train and picked me up later that night. When I went to check in we realized I was at the wrong hotel! He then took me to hotel I was supposed to be at. I don't remember his name but he was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tevin M
Dear Tevin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our followers on TripAdvisor. We were glad to read that your visit with us was an enjoyable one and we look forward to your return in the near future.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott!
All the best,
Ed
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent hotel to stay at by O'Hare airport, Chicago. The 'River' casino is next door for entertainment, the subway is close by with parking or you can get a shuttle bus from either the hotel or the casino. The rooms are very comfortable, the swimming pool/hot tub area is great, the outside courtyard is very nice, and the staff is very helpful. We would definitely stay there again -

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ed B, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare with our TripAdvisor friends. We were thrilled to read that you and your family had a great experience and that you enjoyed some of the amenities our hotel has to offer while you were here.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Plaines
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Courtyard Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!