“Was told this was the best in town for Mexican ”

Salamandra Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 56 Restaurants in Dixon
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I guess there are 3 Mexican restaurants in this town. People advised me to go to this one. So glad I need. Original Mexican faire. A culinary experience but on by actual Mexican chefs ! Right in the heart of Dixon Downtown Historic District.

1  Thank SmallTownsWin

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Food was flavorless, yes I know, flavorless Mexican food???? Apperantly it is possible! Small portions, nothing tasted like anything! Waste of calorie intake! Most Mexican resturaunts give you unlimited salsa and chips, not this one, a small bowl and if you want more you are charged, needless to say we didn't want anymore, Food was flavorless, yes I know, flavorless Mexican food???? Apperantly it is possible! Small portions, nothing tasted like anything! Waste of calorie intake! Most Mexican resturaunts give you unlimited salsa and chips, not this one, a small bowl and if you want more you are charged, needless to say we didn't want anymore, tasteless also! Unfortunately our favorite place, sandys in Dixon was closed for repair, that is how we made this horrid selection! Next time.... Going to sandys!!!!

2  Thank Missyca
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

One of my favorite lunch stops! Their lunch specials are the perfect size. A little expensive, but worth every penny! Downside, no credit cards. But the best part is you get in and out quick. Service is quick and friendly. I'll be back!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is by far the best food in town. Food is always fresh and the service is great. Margaritas are also delicious.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is one of my favorite places in my hometown. The owners are so friendly and the food is so good. Try the sincronizada. Lots of gooey cheese!