“Excellent experience”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dixon
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Dixon for three nights while visiting family. The room was comfortable and kept very clean. the breakfast was tasty and plentiful and was always well stocked. My only complaints were 1. Pillows are square and too small, 2) Hallways were not air conditioned and 3. The pool's deep end under the slide was too deep for younger guests to enjoy. Overall, it was a good hotel and I will stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 31 May 2012

There aren't many choices for hotels in Dixon, and some of the reviews raised concerns about the Comfort Inn. In view of these comments, I had some concerns about my recent stay there. The Comfort Inn, and the former Quality Inn located immediately behind, are now operated together as the Comfort Inn. The two hotels are connected by an enclosed corridor (reception is in the Comfort Inn; the breakfast room is in the former Quality Inn). My room was in the Comfort Inn wing. The staff said that these rooms were scheduled for renovation shortly. I found my room to be clean and in good condition, including a new flat panel tv. The room was average size, with a very quiet heat/air conditioning unit with digital temperature controls. Air is drawn from outside. There was a safe in the room, along with the usual amenities. I did not notice any traffic noise, as the hotel is set well back from the highway. Now for my major concern: My room was on the ground floor. The sliding window can be opened -- all the way -- and there is no screen, or way to limit the distance the window can be opened. This presents a major security threat, since if the window isn't fully closed, anyone on the outside could easily open and window and easily climb into the room. (there are no screens on the window either to keep flying insects out). Hopefully, management will address this issue when the rooms are renovated. The complimentary breakfast had a nice selection of both hot and cold items. Staff was friendly and accommodating. There is plenty of free parking available. Pizza hut is adjacent; a Super Walmart is 1 block. The hotel is located on the south side of town just north of I-88.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms due to security issues arising from windows which can be fully opened allowi...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank mountainoutin
Central Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The room was clean neat and orderly. The new flat screen TV was enjoyable but compared to other motels in the area, I thought it was $10. or so over priced. Service at check in was a little slow and I didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment how they did there.
I did have a problem with the curtains in the room in that they wouldn't stay completely closed which was a little distracting with the light coming in but that happens from time to time.
All in all, better than average rooms but not a place to go out of your way for.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 1_Illinois_traveler
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

I read the reviews first and stayed anyways since the only other hotel in the area is not a Choice property. I experienced no issues during my stay. The room was clean and roomy. The bed was comfy, good sized flatscreen tv with many cable choices, and the wifi was even good. The shower head was a little lower than normal but nothing worth grieving over. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. My only problem was that I had to be on the road by 7am and breakfast doesn't start until 6:30am. That start time seems odd but it is much more of a me issue I'm sure. I would stay again if I'm ever in the area again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Alsip
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn the weekend of April 6-8. I was very impressed by the way things looked. The staff was very friendly and the hotel appeared clean. Staff was constantly sanitizing and cleaning. I read the negative reviews and hope they were not true about bed bugs. If so, report the problem and I'm quite sure something will be done about it. Remember some guests might be bringing them into the hotel.I did not see any problem. The linen smelled very fresh.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dorlene W
Decatur, IL
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed there with friends and found a bedbug crawling under the blanket. I was moved to a different room when I called it in so even though they denied ever having bedbugs (other reviewers here say they saw some too), at least they were willing to do something about it.

Other than that, excellent breakfast, friendly staff, decent rooms. Would have been a great place to stay if bedbugs were not an issue.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank hiker_on_the_road
Teresa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dixon, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about facilties and staff! We are so sorry for the problem you experienced at our hotel. We understand that an unexpected incident can be very unsettling. We hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us another chance to offer you hospitality!
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 29 January 2012

First, the good things: Breakfast is very good; the ladies who tend the breakfast buffet are meticulous in keeping things well-stocked and clean. Food was better than the average hotel breakfast. The daytime front desk staff is on the ball and very good. The room was kept very, very clean in spite of its old condition.

Now the bad - the business center is a joke. The computers run on Windows XP and one of the printers doesn't work. SLOW computers. Jammed stapler. And someone decided that it was a good idea to put an automatic room freshener in a small, enclosed space. There is a sign in the lobby that says the hotel is in the process of being updated, but I saw absolutely no sign of any work going on. My room, while very clean, was in sad need of updating. It had a bedspread that had no indication of having been freshly laundered, and the blanket didn't come up any farther than my waist (I slept sideways). The shower head is mounted so low that even I, at 5' 6", had to bend backward to get my head wet. Bed was really hard, and felt like a cushioned platform on jiggly springs. And then, on my last night, a bunch of kids checked in and were so loud, banging doors so hard, that the hair dryer fell off its bracket on the wall and crashed onto the sink. This hallway overlooks the lobby area below, where the desk staff are located, so I'm sure the guy working could hear everything. I called and complained and it didn't change. I don't think the evening desk staff ever left his little area nor did he tell all these kids to quiet down.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cy1229
Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel! We are in the process of updating the guest rooms and the public areas of our hotel. Unfortunatley, when we are full, as we have been at times this past winter and now again in the spring heading into the summer, we have to postpone work so that we are not in the way of the guests. We plan to finish up our remodeling late this fall.

The front desk attendant contacted the coach about the inappropriate behavior of some of his players at the time of their check in. Since we didnt hear anymore from you, we assume that the coach was able to keep his players quiet the rest of the evening.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Paddle Wheel Inn
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle
Days Inn - Rock Falls
Days Inn - Rock Falls
#4 of 6 in Rock Falls

Been to Comfort Inn Dixon? Share your experiences!