“Review of Manager, Theresa”

Quality Inn and Suites Dixon
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dixon
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Kudos to Theresa for running a spotless inn. Her friendliness was cntagious and spilled over into her employees. I watched her help new customers and handle existing customer problems with ease.. She was exttremely helpful to me when I needed assistance in the "manager's" room. You are luckly to have her.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of halls give you less hallway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles B
Teresa M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Dixon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, about me . It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. I look forward to your next visit. Teresa

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I was a little nervous about this hotel given some of the recent reviews and the fact that I had just stayed in 2 other hotels the week before that were "low to mid range" too.

This hotel was very clean. The bed seemed a bit old but was still comfortable. I didn't care for the perfectly square pillows but it really wasn't a big deal. I do wish they had at least mini fridges in the rooms so I could have saved leftovers.

The hot brekfast each morning included eggs, meat of some kind and an additional item such as biscuits in gravy one day or tortillas and a scramble the next. They also offered 3 kinds of cereal, 2 types of waffle batter to make yourself, hard boiled eggs, mini doughnuts, bagels with jelly or peanut butter, oatmeal, fruit (grapes oranges and apples,) 2 kinds of yogurt and 2 types of juice, coffee, water and milk. I was very impressed and grateful as the hotels I had been at the week before had either very limited or downright crappy breakfast. I also appreciated that the eggs were keept in a refrigerator, not in a bowl on melted ice.

The business center was small but worked to print a boarding pass even with the old printer.

The cell coverage (verizon) seemed spotty as I dropped many calls whiel trying to talk inside my room, which was very frustrating. The short time I used the wifi it was fine.

I appreciated that when I commented to the front desk on check out that my stay had been noisy (I was on the bottom floor) they semed concerned.I know better than to stay on the bottom floor. I am a light sleeper and people these days don't seem to know how to walk quietly and not slam doors.

The hotel had interior corridors, which was good and is pet friendly (good and bad)

The shower had the bowed curtain so there was more space in the tuba and the water pressure was great!

I did not use the pool or spa as the first day they were draining it and I didn't have time the second day.

Overall I was very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Teresa M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Dixon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

One of the best Choice properties this Diamond level member has stayed at. The owner operator obviously takes pride in his facility, and keep his property maintained at the highest level. When in Dixion this is a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Teresa M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Dixon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on January 19 20 also renting a room for my family,it was a not a pleasent experience at all couch with pull out sleeper was almost broken in half the front desk clerk who was by herself on friday night was all but lost.This hotel is poorly run and needs some new Management.

LDB 12

Room Tip: may want to look at Country Inn Suites in Sterling a few miles away.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

I apologize for the inconvience you had experienced at our hotel. There is no excuse for any broken items. I apologize, the front desk attendant. Again, I am very sorry for what you had experienced at our hotel. We are currently in the process of remodeling our hotel. When our renovations our complete I hope you will give out hotel another chance.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was traveling with family and made a reservation online for a room that was supposed to sleep six. Got there and check in was routine, room was basic but reasonable, but when we were going to go to bed we discovered that the sofa bed that was to pull out as the third bed in the room was completely broken and unusable. Even folded up and used as a sofa the thing was pretty much worse for the wear, but when we pulled it out and it just collapsed it was quite a surprise. On top of that, we found some of the broken parts of the frame placed neatly underneath. So, it was the middle of the night and I called the front desk to report this. It turns out that the clerks were aware of this but allowed us to check in without mentioning it. Soon enough the night clerk wheeled up a roll away bed (letting us know that there would be no additional charge - wow, thanks!), which looked like something from WWII army surplus. It was a tiny, sway-backed looking thing, but it served its purpose for the one night we were there. The next morning at check out I was asked if everything was okay. I told the clerk that it was generally fine, but described the problem with the obviously broken sofa bed. She also knew about this and went into some detail about how these beds were on back order and they've been broken for a long time, etc. She finally did reduce an already high nightly rate by $25 and said that's all she could do. She said she would make a note to have the manager contact me about the problem. It has now been over two weeks and no one has contacted me, nor do I really expect to be contacted. The staff acted like having run down, broken furniture in a room was a normal part of the operation and did not seem to appreciate my frustration about paying top dollar for a room that was materially deficient. Other travelers may want to give this place a try because it is not bad overall. I will not return because I do expect some modicum of genuine regard for a customer's comfort and convenience. That's why these places exist, isn't it?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank docboar
Teresa M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Dixon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you for communicating your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies concerning the conditions of your room. I can assure you this is not commonplace nor is it the accepted standard for our hotel. I have discussed the problems you encountered during your stay, with our Maintenance Engineer and we are working to correct those problems in the hopes that this will prevent future guests from experiencing a similar environment during their stay with us. We are purchasing more sofa sleepers and they are placed on backorder. This is no excuse for the front desk not letting you know at the time of check in. I also apologize for not contacting you sooner. I was unaware of this situation, had I known I would have contacted you as soon as the problem arose. Thank you

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have stayed here more than once. It is pleasant enough and serviceable, and things were pretty clean. The hotel's layout can be a little confusing, since the buildings are not all connected. The breakfast, while pretty standard for Comfort Inns, was replenished pretty frequently (a good thing, since a team of young men was staying there and they could eat). We enjoy hanging out in the pool area in the evenings.

Room Tip: Handicap access could be an issue, so I recommend a ground-floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed here for a wedding along with other family members. We had rooms booked throughout the hotel.They were all nice and clean. I'm pretty picky about hotels and I was very pleased. Everything from the lobby to the breakfast area was very nice. It was a very nice hotel.The Staff was nice and helpful also.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rock Falls
12 mi away
All Seasons Motel
All Seasons Motel
#4 of 6 in Rock Falls

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Dixon? Share your experiences!