“Couldn't believe it came to Downers Grove!”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #28 of 179 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to my first Mission BBQ years ago down in Nashville, TN and loved it. At the time, there were no locations up here and I thought it would be just a southern chain but at last it has come North! My veteran boyfriend appreciates the main ideals behind the chain and it is downright good bbq. The decor is nice (even the bathrooms), layout is effective, service is fast, and the lemonade is delicious to go with your bbq sandwich + addictive fries. Stop by to grab some grub and check it out for yourself.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

As I have been to mission bbq in other cities I was very excited that I could try and walk to this one. First the intersection has no crosswalks so be very careful.
Upon entering the crew didn’t even really understand the corporate mission as I mentioned I was a navy vet they said we don’t know anything about the military.
Then the most disappointing part of this visit was the the dried out and flavorless beef brisket.
The other two meats I had were fine.

The sides were very good also.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I first tasted Mission BBQ in Nashville last March and we brought home some of their barbecue sauces. Then last week I learned there is one in Illinois. We went there for a casual lunch after church last Mother's Day and my new favorite is the Ricky Bobby chicken, soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. We will be back for more.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The food here is amazing. Freshly prepared every day and you can tell by the quality and the taste. We were lucky enough to go on there Grand Opening weekend and the food has remained just as good as the first night. Word of caution: word of mouth has really taken off, finding a table during regular meal times could be a challenge. But with nicer weather there are a number of outdoor tables to help with seating. Did I mention the food is amazing. :)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Found this by accident. Excellent BBQ in beef, pork chicken and turkey.

Restaurant theme is patriotic honoring the military and first responders.

This is the only location currently in Illinois. Wish there was one closer to my home but we will be back.