“Summer time!!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Houston, Texas
“Summer time!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

A great family joint. They are very nice. They always greet you with a smile

It can get busy. It can get noisy
But it is a great place for a family dinner.

We like to go on Friday nights with my parents. We walk the car show downtown and then we go to Gatto's for a family dinner - Summer in DG!

• Visited June 2013

Lowell, IN
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We tried this place on a recommendation from a friend and we really liked it. I was surprised when I read some of the mediocre reviews. We went on a Friday night and were able to get a table right away. I was very impressed because I had looked up the menu beforehand, but when we got there, the item I had wanted was not on the menu. The kitchen agreed to make it anyway. The pasta dish I had was shrimp diavolo, and I was impressed with the large amount of shrimp I was given. The bread and olive oil that is served beforehand is great. We also ordered soup and salads which were tasty too. My husband ordered the veal parmesan and both my sons ordered chicken alfredo. All portions were generous and very tasty. We would definitely return. It was a nice casual atmosphere.

1 Thank Rebecca C
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice neighborhood place to take the family.”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Gattos is an Italian restaurant walkable from the train station on Main St. in Downers Grove.
It is a place you can take the entire family to. They do have a bar so if there is a wait you can get a drink if you would like. It is casual and the food is good. Nothing exceptional but solid in knowing whatever you order it will be good. If there is anything I wouldn't order there again it would probably be the fish dishes. I just don't feel like this is their specialty and the prices are obviously higher than the other menu items. I would go elsewhere for a fish entree.
The service is always good. The only negative I have and to some people it wouldn't be a deal breaker but they serve the wine in a regular type of glass versus a wine glass. They have limited number of stemmed wine glasses and you have to ask for one if that is how you like it.
Maybe it's me but I do like to drink wine in a thinner rimmed glass, not one I would normally drink juice out of. Take out food is possible here as well. I will continue to eat here.

• Visited January 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Great quick trip Italian”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This place has a very casual atmosphere and relatively low prices. it is a great early dinner spot or quick Tuesday night out place. I wouldn't take a romantic date here because it is just a bit too casual in feel for that night. Food is consistent and decent. Again, not the best Italian food ever, but they also don't charge you high prices. I think this is a great place to go to satisfy that Italian craving without breaking the bank.

• Visited January 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Great for Catering”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Gatto’s has catered several events for us. Their food is very good, service is outstanding, pricing is very reasonable. Some of the portions ran out early, particularly the sides like salad and bread. Other than that it was a very good value. I highly recommend them as a caterer for large group events, we hosted around 225 people and everyone was very happy.

Visited May 2012