“Best hotel in the area”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Great hotel to stay when coming to the area. I travel to this location about 4 times a year and I will not stay anywhere else. It is not only my only choice but it really is the "ONLY" choice. I look forward to my return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was my third trip to the area, first one I stayed at a weekly "budget" hotel, I won't make that mistake again. The second trip we stayed at the Westin ... seriously overpriced and they had some "freak convention" going on ... parties for "Elves" and "Dwarfs" and other freaks. Sorry Westin, I take my rest seriously. The Holiday Inn Express was a breath of fresh air. Convenient to the freeways (or should I say toll-ways). The staff (Jeffery) was really inviting and welcomed me with a "goody bag" and a room key. I wasn't expecting much and was really excited to see an extremely clean room, well maintained and spacious. I have found my "home away from home" - when I am in Downer's Grove THIS is the only place I will stay. Great job to all who make this hotel what it is.

Room Tip: The doors do close a little loudly, and at 2am most of those just getting into their rooms don't...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jwmort
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel through travelocity. Had no problems while staying here. Awesome breakfast and good location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I had 3 rooms reserved for a family event. I really blew it, because this hotel does not have a swimming pool! If you have children wanting to hit the pool this is not the place. The hotel is definitely due for a make over. The rooms and public areas were clean, beds not that comfortable and the room televisions are old and tv reception is poor.There was a flat screen tv in the dining area which is where we ended up. The desk person, Latrice ,was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Very old, musty, noisy severely outdated rooms. Find other nearby hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank davidp73_10
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed here on our way into Chicago during a move because they allowed pets. It was the dirtiest hotel we've ever stayed in. All the bedding was easily 20 years old. We would've left if not for having driven 23 hours and it being 3 am.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Lisa32490
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Was in Downers Grove for a night and decided to stay at this property. The location is very convenient with easy access to major freeways. Since I was here for only one night and had to check out very early in the morning, I did not get to experience the complimentary breakfast. Ample parking outside the hotel. The hotel property itself is an older property and in dire need of a complete renovation. The room furnishings are dated and need to be replaced. The AC unit did not work well. The TV is an older box type (not a flat panel). The carpeting in the room looked like it has not been replaced for a long, long time. In general, the rooms looked a little bit on the shabbier side and definitely didn't measure up to the standard of the newer HIEs that I have stayed at before. The service at the front desk, however, was friendly and efficient. All in all, given what I paid for this room, I think you should be able to find better alternatives nearby.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
5 mi away
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove? Share your experiences!