“Comfortable for a night”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Lanark, Illinois
“Comfortable for a night”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We are often in the Chicago western suburbs for an overnight. This was our first stay at this Holiday Inn Express. The room was clean and comfortable, large with a king size bed, small sofa and desk. Decent breakfast included featuring make-your-own-pancakes which we had never seen. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Why is it that hotels seem to love to install overly complicated showers? It doesn't need to be that difficult. On/off, hot/cold -- how hard is that? After 10 minutes of fiddling, I noticed (after putting my glasses back on) that you needed to not only turn the dial, put pull it out to get any water pressure. Frustrating. Other than that, no complaints. Hot breakfast was laid out in a very appealing way. Booked for $49 via Priceline. Red Lobster (yuck) and Fuddruckers (double yuck) are on either side of the hotel. Beyond Fuddruckers is the Rockwood Tap and Grill which I visited and enjoyed. Do like me: stay away from chain restaurants when you travel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Great hotel to stay when coming to the area. I travel to this location about 4 times a year and I will not stay anywhere else. It is not only my only choice but it really is the "ONLY" choice. I look forward to my return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Ocean Springs
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This was my third trip to the area, first one I stayed at a weekly "budget" hotel, I won't make that mistake again. The second trip we stayed at the Westin ... seriously overpriced and they had some "freak convention" going on ... parties for "Elves" and "Dwarfs" and other freaks. Sorry Westin, I take my rest seriously. The Holiday Inn Express was a breath of fresh air. Convenient to the freeways (or should I say toll-ways). The staff (Jeffery) was really inviting and welcomed me with a "goody bag" and a room key. I wasn't expecting much and was really excited to see an extremely clean room, well maintained and spacious. I have found my "home away from home" - when I am in Downer's Grove THIS is the only place I will stay. Great job to all who make this hotel what it is.

Room Tip: The doors do close a little loudly, and at 2am most of those just getting into their rooms don't...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jwmort
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel through travelocity. Had no problems while staying here. Awesome breakfast and good location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I had 3 rooms reserved for a family event. I really blew it, because this hotel does not have a swimming pool! If you have children wanting to hit the pool this is not the place. The hotel is definitely due for a make over. The rooms and public areas were clean, beds not that comfortable and the room televisions are old and tv reception is poor.There was a flat screen tv in the dining area which is where we ended up. The desk person, Latrice ,was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Very old, musty, noisy severely outdated rooms. Find other nearby hotel!

• Stayed November 2011
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove? Share your experiences!