“This hotel never disappoints”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I've stayed at this hotel previously while on business. I love the location, easy access to restaurants, drive to O'Hare isn't bad either. Latrice at the front desk is truly wonderful. Very helpful and genuinely friendly. My flight was early and I arrived well before check in time. I was prepared to leave my luggage, but early check in was not a problem for this hotel. Breakfast is good and the attendant is wonderful and friendly. I wish I could remember her name! Overall, when I'm in the area, I will stay at this location. Great job HIE- Downers Grove!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our guests are our number one priority and we want you to feels as though you are at home when you stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you again soon! Thank you for the kind words about Latrice and the Breakfast staff, i will be sure to pass the on to the staff in out next huddle we have.
Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Me and my fiancee stayed here for 3 nights. It is a very clean, nice enviornment hotel. The staff was so friendly made us feel at home. The three ladies Latrice, Andrea and Alyssa were so awsome. We woke up late for breakfast but they managed to get us some thing to eat. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable. We arrived in Chicago at 9am after driving 12 hours. We called the hotel and just wanted to sleep even tbo checkin time wasnt till 3, Latrice managed to get us,a room at 9am...I would love to thank them for everything. Andrea managed to get us,an extra,night and i was excited. Thanks to everyone at HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS IN DOWNERS GROVE :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Wow! Those are very kind words. I will surely celebrate your kind words with all of the staff, but especially Latrice, Andrea & Alyssa. We are so blessed to have them and appreciate all that they do. Thank you for noticing their efforts and thank you for staying with us, I am glad that we not only got you in early from your long drive, but also accommodated you with your request for another night. We look forward to having you back again soon! Thank you !

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I would suggest I was a traveler upon arriving at the desk. My office made the reservation for the next day and hotel was struggling to find a room. Now usually at this point i get a bit nervous and start looking for my keys.....The staff came through and found a room......needed a little work , which they gladly completed, and I was able to stay......Kudos to Alyssa and Brian who were both awesome......

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vincent H
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Wow! Those are very kind words. I will surely celebrate your kind words with Brian & Alyssa. I am very lucky to have them, an all my staff . We do our very best to accommodate all of our guest, and i am glad that we managed to find you a room, and have you stay with us. Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express on business with a group of kids. While the hotel was clean, it had that "hotel odor" to it. Kind of a musty smell that made you wonder what the room would be like. The room was passable and the bed was comfortable. The one thing that struck me odd was how low the ceilings were, especially in the hallways. One elevator did not help the situation at all. If they had more than 3 floors, it could have been a real issue. The breakfast was good, and they did have a selection for every taste. Coffee, not the best in the world. The staff was very friendly and accomodating though, which really helps. The real down side to this hotel is that it shares a parking lot with a Red Lobster restaurant and was very crowded all the time. A little too much traffic for a hotel paking lot. By all accounts it was passable. It could use some renovation, but I would stay again, although i would not pick it myself.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mark S
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for your Comments. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how
we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.
Tricia McCallum

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two weeks on business. Overall, it was an extremely pleasant experience. The room was clean. Breakfast was good and had several options. The fitness center was clean, but I was disappointed there were no free weights. Definitely enough options for cardio equipment though. What really made the stay pleasant was how courteous the staff was. They made me feel like I was welcome, and helped me enjoy my extended time away from home. Every single staff member was exceptional, from the front desk to the breakfast staff. The hotel does not offer dinner, but there are plenty of options both within walking distance and a short driving distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 721Anonymous
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

On behalf of our hotel staff, Thank you for your kind words of praise .Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. We appreciate your review of our hotel. Every comment that is made, we review them and try to see what we can be better at what we do. Like all hotels, our goal is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. We are in a great location to have many Dining opportunities surround us. I will make note of the comment about the free weights to see what i can do. Again, let me thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express last week on business. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable during my stay. I wish I could remember the name of the front desk staff member who checked me in, as she was very helpful upon checkin and check out. The hotel is located near retail, restaurants and I had no problem with travel to/from O'Hare. I would most defintely stay at the HI Express - Downers Grove again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. We say thank you, to you, for selecting us as favorite place to stay while in Downers Grove, we appreciate you.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had an extended stay at this hotel due to the hospitalization and passing of our Mother. The hotel was clean and well managed with the hospitality kitchen kept immaculate during the weekdays. The staff, especially Diane and Latrice, went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Their kindness and words of comfort helped ease some of the sadness. Every business should be lucky enough to have employees like these women.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fastcarCoppell_Texas
Katie D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Wow! Those are very kind words. I will surely celebrate your kind words with all of the staff, but especially Diana and Latrice. We are so blessed to have them and appreciate all that they do. Thank you for noticing their efforts and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove? Share your experiences!