“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Springfield, Illinois
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel needs a little sprucing up but the staff and location more than make up for it. Staff always goes out of their way for you. Regardless of where my meetings are in the suburbs, I always base out of here. Location is good. You are within feet of the 355 expressway and less than a mile from the 88. Lots of places close by to eat. Yorktown Mall is right down the road and Oak Brook Mall is about 15 minutes away if you need to shop for something.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies for no extra charge.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights during the 4th of July weekend. For starters, the hotel is conveniently located. Not too far from downtown Chicago, took us about 30 mins to reach downtown. The room was very spacious but the bathroom needed improvement. The toilet bowl was old, stained and the flush made a really funny noise everytime I used it! I didn't really care about it because we were out most of the time. The breakfast was OK, nothing great. The front desk staff were friendly.
Overall it is a hotel that gives good VFM. Good for short stays if you don't really bother much about the amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RoseV19
Katie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I appreciate your feedback on the hotel. We do have a great location with lots to offer just a short distance away! I am sorry to hear that the condition of the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are working on improvements daily and we hope that you will give us a try in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us a happy travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was here on business for a couple of nights. The staff at the hotel were friendly -made you think they wanted you to stay with them, not the feeling you get everywhere. The location was easy to access off the freeways - with the major construction on I-90 coming in from the north, it was nice to be able come in via I-39 and I-88 and avoid it altogether. There are numerous choices of restaurants in the immediate area. The room and all other areas of the hotel were clean and up-to-date and I had no problems with noise, even with hotel not terribly far from the freeway. The breakfast was pretty good with a different hot item choice each day, along with the famous Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
We accommodate many guests each night, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Since the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable an friendly service to all guests at reasonable prices. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation with us.
This will be shared with the staff during our next huddle. Again, thank you for staying with us, We appreciate YOU.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I've stayed at this hotel previously while on business. I love the location, easy access to restaurants, drive to O'Hare isn't bad either. Latrice at the front desk is truly wonderful. Very helpful and genuinely friendly. My flight was early and I arrived well before check in time. I was prepared to leave my luggage, but early check in was not a problem for this hotel. Breakfast is good and the attendant is wonderful and friendly. I wish I could remember her name! Overall, when I'm in the area, I will stay at this location. Great job HIE- Downers Grove!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our guests are our number one priority and we want you to feels as though you are at home when you stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you again soon! Thank you for the kind words about Latrice and the Breakfast staff, i will be sure to pass the on to the staff in out next huddle we have.
Thank you for staying with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Me and my fiancee stayed here for 3 nights. It is a very clean, nice enviornment hotel. The staff was so friendly made us feel at home. The three ladies Latrice, Andrea and Alyssa were so awsome. We woke up late for breakfast but they managed to get us some thing to eat. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable. We arrived in Chicago at 9am after driving 12 hours. We called the hotel and just wanted to sleep even tbo checkin time wasnt till 3, Latrice managed to get us,a room at 9am...I would love to thank them for everything. Andrea managed to get us,an extra,night and i was excited. Thanks to everyone at HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS IN DOWNERS GROVE :)

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Wow! Those are very kind words. I will surely celebrate your kind words with all of the staff, but especially Latrice, Andrea & Alyssa. We are so blessed to have them and appreciate all that they do. Thank you for noticing their efforts and thank you for staying with us, I am glad that we not only got you in early from your long drive, but also accommodated you with your request for another night. We look forward to having you back again soon! Thank you !
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I would suggest I was a traveler upon arriving at the desk. My office made the reservation for the next day and hotel was struggling to find a room. Now usually at this point i get a bit nervous and start looking for my keys.....The staff came through and found a room......needed a little work , which they gladly completed, and I was able to stay......Kudos to Alyssa and Brian who were both awesome......

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Vincent H
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Wow! Those are very kind words. I will surely celebrate your kind words with Brian & Alyssa. I am very lucky to have them, an all my staff . We do our very best to accommodate all of our guest, and i am glad that we managed to find you a room, and have you stay with us. Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express on business with a group of kids. While the hotel was clean, it had that "hotel odor" to it. Kind of a musty smell that made you wonder what the room would be like. The room was passable and the bed was comfortable. The one thing that struck me odd was how low the ceilings were, especially in the hallways. One elevator did not help the situation at all. If they had more than 3 floors, it could have been a real issue. The breakfast was good, and they did have a selection for every taste. Coffee, not the best in the world. The staff was very friendly and accomodating though, which really helps. The real down side to this hotel is that it shares a parking lot with a Red Lobster restaurant and was very crowded all the time. A little too much traffic for a hotel paking lot. By all accounts it was passable. It could use some renovation, but I would stay again, although i would not pick it myself.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark S
Tricia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for your Comments. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how
we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.
Tricia McCallum
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove? Share your experiences!