Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
colorado springs, United States
“Quality”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Quality, Customer Serivce Oriented, and Value Priced suites hotel. Within a 5 mile proximity to over 26 restaurants and shops. Quiet and Secure. Easy internet access as well a full Business Center for your convenience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Powder Springs GA, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Room was large and confortable. I did feel that living area furniture was outdated and uncomforatable. Mini kitchen was nice and so were tea and coffee selections. Bathroom was nice and large and little extra were nice. Mini store located in hotel does not carry alot of items and items seem old. Staff in store was not very friendly. Hot cookie upon check in was nice! Ice machine on my floor was not working.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I am an honors customer for a reason. I love the Hampton chain. I love the service we get, the friendliness, the conveniences. This trip started out great with an incredibly good first impression at the front desk. My brother-n-law sent up a package that was put together by the staff that had everything in it we have ever ordered before. That was great. However that night, during the boys' baths the tub leaked. We thought it was our fault. We cleaned up the mess. The next morning while my husband took a shower the mess on the floor was very thick. All the towels were completely soaked and still couldn't get up all the water. A very rude technician came to our room and said nothing was wrong with the tub after running the water for all of 20 seconds...no exaggeration. Grrr....so we change rooms first thing. Housekeeping didn't restock the towels and didn't service the new room at all. I'm sure just some confusion because of the move. So I had to call down for towels and trash service. That night things were fine. We slept well...that was the only positive point. period. The next night after repeatedly calling the front desk asking for help because our floor seemed to be the party floor, my children had to give up and sleep on the floor in the bedroom to put an extra door between us and the noise and the crank knocking that was still going on after 1145pm at night, after repeated calls to front desk. On Sunday we had a long five hour drive (that ended being almost nine because of the snow storms) and we needed to be well rested and were anything but. I am guessing that most of the wedding party was stationed on the third floor because it was definitely the party floor. A staff member kept coming up and shutting people's doors because they were leaving them open and the kids were playing hockey in the hallways and running across the whole upper tier. After all this I believe we left a very important charger. We have an exchange student from Switzerland with us and her plug simply cannot be gotten here. I called on Sunday night and was told to leave a message with housekeeping. I did. No return call so Tuesday I called and left a second message. No return call. So Wednesday I told the front desk staff how angry I was and that I wanted to speak to someone, anyone, who could answer a simple question about whether or not the charger was left in room 314 or 316 (we had two rooms in our party) and no one can answer me. He transferred me. I spoke with the housekeeping supervisor,she promised to call me back in thirty minutes. It is now 12/12/2013 935pm and I STILL have not heard back. I am so disappointed. The hotel was beautiful. The front desk staff so courteous. The positives ended right there.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
We are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you sharing what happened. We have asked our Director of Housekeeping to contact you to resolve the lost charger. Our apologies that you have not received a response up to this point, we will investigate what happened with the follow-up. We have identified the Technician that came to your room and will address how your situation was handled. The noise you encountered is not typical but has been a recent challenge that we are very focused on correcting. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we will be in touch offline shortly.
downers grove, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

very nice clean and quite great place to stay centrally located for great shopping and a lot of extras. made our shopping trip a very enjoyable experience. Great breakfast fresh fruit and large variety of.f choices

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed at this property for business several times and have never been disappointed. The service is very good. The shuttle services run well and are very organized. The workout area is adjacent to the hotel and is outstanding! My only concern is dining options. You are better off eating at the nearby restaurants. There are quite a few good choices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had two suites next to each other and it was late and the kids wanted a snack. I order 5 small cartons of milk and a pot of coffee and it was $38 plus tip. I know you pay extra for convenience but it wasn't like I was ordering alcohol and food. Breakfast was average at best and very expensive and I recommend going out of the Hotel for that.

1 Thank Daniel G
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 4 to 5 years to visit relatives, and had also had good experiences until this most recent visit. When we checked in, the heat was not working properly in our room. Once that was fixed, we had issues with hot water the next day. Then our last nite there, the hotel was full, and there was a youth hockey group in the hotel, that made alot of noise out in the halls and in the room above us, which prevented us from sleeeping. We complained to the front desk, but nothing was done. We complained to the front desk the next day when we checked out, and they had a "oh well" type of attitude. With that type of response, i will doubt that we will return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Property: Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Address: 2111 Butterfield Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515-1043
Region: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Downers Grove
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove 3.5*
The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove is situated in Chicago's western suburbs next to Lombard and Oakbrook, Illinois. Centrally located between Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW) the Doubletree Suites Downers Grove is the perfect choice for business meetings. Offering an International Association of Conference Center (IACC) approved meeting facility, our comfortable surroundings and exceptional catering team provide the ultimate environment for any business or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Guest Suites & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove Hotel