“Clean and no frills, can't beat the price”

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Louisville, Kentucky
“Clean and no frills, can't beat the price”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Recently stayed at the hotel for business. Read prior reviews which rated it favorably, but traveling from out of state, not sure what to expect. Room was clean. Air conditioning worked well. Sink and bath tub drained well, no back-up. Linens were clean. What not to expect: no fridge in room and no continental breakfast in the morning, just coffee. However, you cannot beat the price! One other issue to contend with is my computer was receiving a low frequency for internet connection. There are two builidings to the property and I was in the second building which might explain the low frequency. The area surrounding the property is in a retail area. There is an Olive Garden down the street and easily accessible to the interstate.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Iowa
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We recently stayed one night at the Red Roof so that we can be close to friends in Woodridge and a short distance to O'Hare Airport. The positives of our stay was: location to major highway and restaurants, familiarity of the area and price. The beds were very firm - I would not say comfortable; TV not a flat screen with good picture. The room and restroom was clean but did need updating. Temperature control was fine. Here is the negative for me - the room smelled of cigarette smoke. I had asked for a non-smoking room, but the door to the room nor others were labeled as non-smoking. There was a small sign on the desk stating it was non-smoking. This was disappointing and made the one night somewhat uncomfortable given the price and convenience of staying here. I would recommend if you are looking for a quick and cheap night in a convenient location to airports, restaurant and highways with the understanding that if looking for a non-smoking room you might want to check the room first.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I love the stay in the Red Roof Inn I love the incredible Stay like: the Manager Kathy or Cathy and the front desk staff like Ross, and the other staffs are wonderful they are there when I need I have questions about the room . Like the cleaning is very clean they make you feel like if you are at home I do recommend the Red Roof Inn to any one just come in and you will know what we are talking about I love the stay here ........

Room Tip: the whole area is just great to stay
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2010

All the reviews must be from the RRoof staff. A dump. Rooms are old and dark..the tabacco smell was present.. the beds were lumpy and very elastic, and worst of all the customer trade over the weekend was very rough and strange... we did'nt feel particulary secure. The worst thing about this whole deal was relying on the aforementioned reviews. Please take your $70.00 a night and pay a little more anywhere

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Lisle, Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2010

So I work for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. And, in general, we get per diem that affords us some pretty good hotels throughout the country. We also get a great "government rate" so together while on business travel, I stay at some hotels I probably wouldn't stay at if on my own - in other words - I feel very fortunate.

So yesterday, coming off travel and not having per diem, I needed to find a hotel close to Chicago. The first few I checked were full, so I called the Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove, IL. They had a king bed for $49 plus tax. (I was, to be honest, concerned about the quality, cleanliness and type of rest I would be getting there.)

So I get there late last evening, and was SHOCKED!! Place was clean, quiet and all the furniture, sheets, towels, etc were in EXCEPTIONAL condition!!!! AND, best of all, the bed was VERY comfortable. The room was small, but I SLEPT LIKE A BABY!!

THANKS RED ROOF INN!! THANKS for not going the way of the Super-8 Chain across the country these past ten years - I still would NEVER stay there again no matter where I am in America.

Good Job Red Roof Inn!! ($49 for a nice clean, comfortable room 45 minutes from O'Hare Airport!!!)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wgs84
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I do not travel for vacation, I go to this location to see a doctor. I have been going up to that area for 3 years now. I have found the only place I will stay. I love this red froof inn. The front desk folks are friendly, the rooms are clean and they smell fresh. Safe too, I would stay there by myself if I had too, and not be afraid to come and go anytime of day or night!
There are more then enough place to chose from to dine at from fast food to sit down...fancy to right out of the bag!

Free WI_FI to so what more would you need. No Pool though, but afordable

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Whiting NJ
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I was met with very personable and helpful saff. I was given a clean comfortable all access room. When i was ready to depart I realized i had printed out my directions to my home in NJ backwards I asked the office staff if they could go to the internet and get me the right directions printed, I had my directions in minutes.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!