“We got a great night's sleep”

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The room was clean, comfortable and VERY QUIET. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is fairly central in the Chicago metropolitan area and seemed to be fairly safe. There are lots of restaurants and shopping close by. I was so pleased with everything!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn B
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Downers Grove Red Roof Inn. We are glad to hear that you got a great night of sleep!

Feedback from our guests is very important in continuing to improve the quality of our hotel and I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team.

Thanks again for being our guest and for sharing your experience! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aaron Ebert

Reviewed 8 August 2011

From the excellent front staff (Jason, Justin, Chris, Clarabelle & Kyle) to the amazing housekeepers (Erica & Keyva) and not to forget maintenance (Alberto) as they all make your stay fabulous. These people put their hearts and souls into their jobs and really care about the guests. I would stay here again and again.

In my opinion they should be a five star hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dpollak148

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us at the Downers Grove Red Roof Inn.

Aaron Ebert

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I have stayed at many hotels and even at 5star hotels I have never felt more welcome or as comfortible as I have at the red roof inn. The hotel staff from upper manegment down to regular employees were great. This has to be the nicest and most down to earth group I have ever delt with. Their customer service is bar none! Whenever I needed something hotel staff's erika, keyva, along with jason and cathy were there to help and they helped with a smile. I appreciate all of there help and I will definetly be here again thank you!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Recently stayed at the hotel for business. Read prior reviews which rated it favorably, but traveling from out of state, not sure what to expect. Room was clean. Air conditioning worked well. Sink and bath tub drained well, no back-up. Linens were clean. What not to expect: no fridge in room and no continental breakfast in the morning, just coffee. However, you cannot beat the price! One other issue to contend with is my computer was receiving a low frequency for internet connection. There are two builidings to the property and I was in the second building which might explain the low frequency. The area surrounding the property is in a retail area. There is an Olive Garden down the street and easily accessible to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We recently stayed one night at the Red Roof so that we can be close to friends in Woodridge and a short distance to O'Hare Airport. The positives of our stay was: location to major highway and restaurants, familiarity of the area and price. The beds were very firm - I would not say comfortable; TV not a flat screen with good picture. The room and restroom was clean but did need updating. Temperature control was fine. Here is the negative for me - the room smelled of cigarette smoke. I had asked for a non-smoking room, but the door to the room nor others were labeled as non-smoking. There was a small sign on the desk stating it was non-smoking. This was disappointing and made the one night somewhat uncomfortable given the price and convenience of staying here. I would recommend if you are looking for a quick and cheap night in a convenient location to airports, restaurant and highways with the understanding that if looking for a non-smoking room you might want to check the room first.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I love the stay in the Red Roof Inn I love the incredible Stay like: the Manager Kathy or Cathy and the front desk staff like Ross, and the other staffs are wonderful they are there when I need I have questions about the room . Like the cleaning is very clean they make you feel like if you are at home I do recommend the Red Roof Inn to any one just come in and you will know what we are talking about I love the stay here ........

Room Tip: the whole area is just great to stay
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2010

All the reviews must be from the RRoof staff. A dump. Rooms are old and dark..the tabacco smell was present.. the beds were lumpy and very elastic, and worst of all the customer trade over the weekend was very rough and strange... we did'nt feel particulary secure. The worst thing about this whole deal was relying on the aforementioned reviews. Please take your $70.00 a night and pay a little more anywhere

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!