“pleasantly Surprised!!!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Michigan City, Indiana
“pleasantly Surprised!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had a bad experience in Glen Ellyn, Il with a so called hotel. I needed a hotel in a pinch.
I took a chance on the Red Roof. It was terrific. The rooms are beautiful I took a Superior King,
Mico, Refr. Huge room, business center, free wifi. The only drawback was the old fashioned
doors opening to the parking area. I have never like that option. But, the hotel is well lit, has
professional staff working the desk, and lots of security. I would be happy to choose this
hotel next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The superior King room is very nice. And, during a sale, was $65. Can't beat it. Close to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Diane B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. My team and I at Red Roof Inn- Downers Grove are very glad that we met all of your expectations. Our recent renovation was done with our valuable guests like you in mind. I am happy to know that our Superior King room offered all the amenities that you mentioned and that it was a big plus for you. I am so pleased to know that Red Roof Inn has earned your loyalty and I will be looking forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Mirian Leon
i0087@redroof.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Room was OK No extras like in room coffee or an iron. It was clean and nice room fresh sheets and comfortable bed. The staff was excellent and helped out with questions. Jason was very good about helping me find a resturant I was looking for in the area. Bravo Jason! Stay was worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JCtaveler
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am always delighted to hear that our staff continues to provide excellent customer service to our valued guests like you, Jason was very happy to read your comments as well. I would like to suggest that in your next stay with us, you might want to request one of our Superior King room which has a micro-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, Iron, hairdryer, and large work station.
Please feel free to contact us directly so that we may make your future reservations for you.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Mirian Leon
i0087@redroof.com
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

For the price about $75 with taxes, this hotel had all I needed. Very clean, has free internet, flat screen tv, nice desk to work on the computer. Bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Overall, I was very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I want you to know that your positive feedback is an encouragement for the entire team at the Red Roof Inn Downers Grove. Our recent renovation and conversion to 100% smoke free was intended to meet our guest needs and satisfaction. I am glad to know that our remodeled room exceeded your expectations. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

we spent one night in this motel going to Chicago. the double queen bed room (57$ tax incl with a coupon) was clean, with modern furniture and shower was perfect ! during the night there was an incident and a "piece of iron" went down !! there was a lot of noise and we really scared but at the end nothing happened. In any case, when we made check out we informed the man at the front desk , he excused for the incident and refunded us for the room: according to me this is really an excellent customer service !!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank froggy73
It was such an honor that you selected our hotel during your visit to Chicago. Also, I’m very glad that our newly remodeled 100% smoke free room fulfilled all your expectations and made your stay very pleasant. I would like to present my deepest apology for the incident that you encountered during your stay and I am very happy that we were given the opportunity to take good care of you before you departed.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and I hope to meet you in person in your next stay.
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff here is wonderful. Everyone is so gracious and kind. Being in a big city coming here from the south it was hard but my time here at Red Roof has given me rest and peace of mind due to the quality of service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Mr. James R.

How wonderfull it is to read positive review from our valuable guests like you. My team and I wanted to thank you for the great feedback. Please let us know if there is any thing else that we can do for you to make your stay even more comfortable.
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I had a single night's stay on the way to business in Chicago. Very pleasant, very affordable, seems fresh and up-to-date. The beds were clean and comfortable, the room was quiet, the a/c was powerful and quiet.

Highlight: outstanding water pressure in the shower (I hate showers that dribble on me, this one was excellent) and a very clean bath.

Low point: coffee. Not much above gas station coffee, but it was hot, free and caffeinated. There's a Panera across the road for somewhat better coffee and decent food.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Mr. David
Thank you so much for letting us knows about your stay at our Red Roof Inn – Downers Grove. I was very happy to know that you noticed all of the upgrades done in our recent renovation. It is so delightful to read positive feedback like yours. Let me know if I can be of any service to you on your next visit.
Oak Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

This red roof inn . Seems to always disappoint me!!!! House keeping do a poor Job. I almost always find something wrong with my room. Dirty towels, bath tub have been dirty. Some times the bed have had hair on it. I have had Bugs in my room before. They have updated they rooms and they do look nice, but House keeping don't do they job. They are good at busting in your room. The staff need customer services training. I don't even complain anymore. They don't accommodate you anyway. Why do I keep staying there. I was hoping they would get better. But this past Friday was my last time staying there. Red roof inn is not for me. One time I had a issue at this location, I was told the GM would be contacting me. It never happened . I was drying off and realize the towel I was using was dirty, so I'm still feeling discussed it about that. That was my breaking point with Red roof Inn Chicago-downers Grove.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Trimainew
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Mr. Trimainew

I appreciate the time given to write a review. As I read it, I immediately became very concern, primarily because you mentioned that you are one of our loyal guests. I would like to be given an opportunity to rectify all your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel, at any time at (630)963-4205. I can assure you that I will take the proper corrective action; my goal is to meet all your expectations in your next visits.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!