“EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Downtown Chicago
“EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several different occasions. I must admit that the Front Desk staff is very friendly and professional. I have never experienced rude behavior. I have never been ignored while at the Front Desk. I have always been taken very good care of. The staff doesn't just treat you like a guest. They treat you like a family. The housekeepers that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Always made sure that I had everything I needed. From the Front Desk to the Housekeepers. I give 5 stars! My last stay at this hotel the first floor was a complete disaster from renovations. I still received a warm welcome when I arrived! I will continue to stay at this location. I will continue to recommend to all my family and friends. Please disregard negative reviews. Try it you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: The king size rooms are very large
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that our staff was so accommodating and you enjoyed your stay! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Upon my brief stay at the hotel I witnessed something that was worthy of taking the time to write this review which is not something I typically do.
As I was waiting I the lobby to be checked in, I observed the front desk personnel by the name of Tonya (this is all her name tag revealed) talking to a guest in a completely unprofessional manor and rolling her eyes in plain sight of me. The mail carrier arrived and delivered mail as she was on the phone and what caught my attention was that Tonya deliberately lied to the guest on the phone and said that mail hadn't arrived. After hanging the phone up she addressed me and stated that she would be with me in a moment then she proceeded to sort mail. I was a bit annoyed that she would choose to do this prior to checking me in but just waited and observed her removing coupons and placing them into a separate pile. I distinctly observed several of the same Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons being put into this pile but thought nothing of it until right before my eyes, with no intention of concealing her actions, Tonya placed the pile of coupons in a purse that I can only assume belonged to her.
Not only is this morally wrong, this happens to be a federal offense and I can only imagine how long this has been happening to paying guests. I feel it is my obligation to notify you of what I witnessed and would be more than happy to cooperate with the Extended Stay to ensure that this does not happen again.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Unacceptable1
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The incident with our associate not handling mail properly, and the untimely check-in you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am counseling her to ensure that misuse of guest mail does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at cdg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downers Grove
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Holiday Inn Express Chicago Downers Grove
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lisle

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Downers Grove? Share your experiences!