“Wonderful Stay!!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Bibiana R
“Wonderful Stay!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed at the guest house for a weekend because we were attending a SIU graduation. We enjoyed our stay there. The guest house was very nice and it was quiet. We had no problems during our stay. We would definitely stay again!

Management Response
22 Jun 2017
Thank you Bibiana for the review - it was great to meet you and your family.
Staceyqui...
“Great quiet place. Wonderful pool.”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed for the street machine nationals. We had 2 cars in the show so the carport was an added bonus. There was deer roaming about in the evening and the privacy was great. And just minutes from anything you could need in town. We will be returning.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
susieqt31...
Braidwood, Illinois
“Quiet, comfortable accommodations for attending SIU Graduation.”
Reviewed 22 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

Marsha's guest house is separated by the pool/patio from their main home. It has a separate drive with covered parking immediately adjacent to the building, so it's a short walk to the door. We used a GPS and called ahead as we were running late, so we found it easily and had immediate access.

It is perfect for a couple or a family with a couple of kids, where the couple takes the room on the main level and the kids take the loft. We gave the bedroom to my 86 year-old father because he couldn't take the stairs, and we slept in the loft. While not ideal for our situation, we were quite comfortable for the time we spent there, and very happy with the reasonable price at a time that everything in Carbondale, IL is filled and the prices SOAR (Graduation).

It's nothing terribly fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. We brought a few groceries from home, and the kitchen had everything else we needed to make a meal or two. It was perfectly suited for Dad to get up early and make himself tea & toast. There was a washer & dryer available, but we didn't use it. We also were unable to use the pool during our stay.

There were not a lot of channels available on the TV, but we didn't have much time to watch anyway. And there was some confusion on the Wi-Fi password, but we were able to straighten it out the second day.

I wish I had found these accommodations years ago for visiting my kids at SIU. I'm almost sorry that my son has graduated, and I don't have a reason to return. I would stay here again in a minute!

Plus, they have a sweet dog. And as my dad says, "We are 'dog people!'"

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfortable beds
Liked least: No bathroom in the loft
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Judy D
Columbia, South Carolina
“Marsha's Guesthouse was just right.”
Reviewed 4 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Anyone looking for a quiet place for a get together will find Marsha's a welcoming place.
We were planning a special 16th birthday weekend for our grandson who is recovering from traumatic brain injury. We needed a quiet place for Dorien to spend some of the days. The guest house is away from a lot of noise or distractions, but close enough to town and Giant City State Park and other major attractions. We (I, Dorien's mother/my daughter, my son and my daughter in law stayed at the guest house.
The house and kitchen are well supplied but Marsha, provided a roll away bed, a crock-pot, and a fan for the patio when we requested them.
We spent the whole day Saturday with Dorien at the pool. Marsha's husband offered us some floating mats, a ball, and a charcoal grill for our cookout.
Marsha and her husband went the extra mile to help us make the time special for our special need.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Reviewed 12 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Cute, quiet town
Liked least: Not clean or well maintained
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
15 Jul 2015
Hello Caleb,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry your experience was not a pleasant one. I wish you would have told us that you were having difficulty with the cable and WIFI so I could have had the cable fixed. On each of the beds we have 2 euro pillows, 2 queen pillows and 2 decorative pillows. As for repairs and cleanliness, we strive to keep our guesthouse repaired and clean. Once again thank you for your thoughts.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing