“Average”
Review of The Country Mansion - CLOSED

The Country Mansion
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A hometown favorite, The Country Mansion offers a wide variety of mouth-watering menu selections in a casual atmosphere.Take pleasure in our beautiful handcrafted oak and maple woodwork, original fireplaces in our lounge area, and antiques while you enjoy lunch or dinner. Outdoor dining is available as the season permits on our newly constructed patio area.Our private dining areas also offer the perfect location for your next special event! Whether preparing for a wedding reception, the arrival of a new baby, seeing your old classmates, getting together with your fellow car collectors, or just getting together with friends, our event coordinator can help you with all of the details.
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Ok, I am not a restaurant connoisseur by any means, but I have dined in 17 states over the years, both at "family owned" restaurants and chain restaurants of various types. Like most or all of us here, I like what I like and have my own expectations on how staff and service should be. So, in general, I liked the atmosphere and ambience of the place. Was actually here for a grandmother's birthday a couple years ago, so menu was pre-set with limited choices. Am ok with that. Especially when I've never been somewhere before. The set up of the place is pretty well done, as are the views out the windows for where it is in town. The food was slightly above average, not "OMG! Best I've ever had!" but far from being bad. Service, for there being about 3 dozen of us, was pretty good. I would recommend it as worth a try. Judging by some of the other reviews, maybe it's a little hit and miss, but don't know. I've only been there the one time so far. But am hoping to get back to try it again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Four of us stopped for lunch on our way home from a short trip. It was my husband's and my first time there; our friends had been there before for the Sunday buffet and were not impressed, but wanted to give it another try. It was a Tuesday around 12:30 and there were only maybe 10 people in the entire restaurant. The place, while quaint, has a distinctive musty odor that detracted from our visit. Our waitress was slow to get our drinks and orders, then was nonexistent for approximately 10 minutes until our food came. My friend and I had ordered the "special" salad of the day, a BLT salad with avocado. It turned out to be nothing more than bagged iceberg lettuce mix with 3 cherry tomatoes cut in half, the equivalent of 2 strips of bacon, and maybe 2 slices of avocado cut into squares. We both expected to have a variety of vegetables in the salad and maybe some sort of breads or crackers for the price and we were both disappointed. My husband had a breaded tenderloin sandwich and fries; he said it was OK. My friend's husband wanted a sandwich that included turkey and was told they were out of turkey, so none of the turkey dish selections were available. He had the Italian beef sandwich and fries, and again, it was just "OK". For the price and quality of food and service, we all agreed that we would not be back.

2  Thank Maggie0403
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Our dinner on a Friday evening was very good. Had the baked cod, chicken strips and a couple wraps. Sat out on the patio on a nice evening. Service was a little slow, but, we were told that was a very typical pace for the outside area on weekends. The patio is many steps away from the kitchen. Waitress was friendly. Had the potato skin appetizers and the mushroom balls as well. Food was all very good.

Ashley M, Manager at The Country Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meal! Thank you for your input about the delay--it is quite a long haul for the staff from the kitchen to the patio area but we are looking into possible solutions. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We just left there after celebrating Mother's Day. Had the buffet, excellent ! There was so much food and they just kept bringing more. The waitress was great. The only complaint was they really had the tables crammed in. We had a hard time getting out to get food. I think they were trying to get as many people in as they could.

1  Thank dahmom2
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The first floor is nicely decorated. However, the bathrooms downstairs are in disrepair. The Men BR has two urinals removed, one toilet disassembled; which leaves one working toilet for men. My wife said the women's BR needed cleaning.
Food: the smoked Gouda/Turkey sandwich tasted mostly of turkey fat. The cheese was a thin slice of something that was supposed to be smoked Gouda but had no taste. I had them hold the bacon. Most dishes are ham and most anything else comes with bacon. Fine if you like country food that always has bacon. Actually the aroma in the restaurant is -- bacon.
My wife had the fish sandwich and said that was very good.

1  Thank Corwin24